Afraid to love, something that could break
Could I move on if you were torn away?
And I'm so close to what I can't control
I can't give you half my heart and pray He makes you whole
You're gonna have all of me
You're gonna have all of me
'Cause you're worth every falling tear
You're worth facing any fear
You're gonna know all my love
Even if it's not enough
Enough to mend our broken hearts
But giving you all of me is where I'll start
I won't let sadness steal you from my arms
I won't let pain keep you from my heart
I'll trade the fear of all that I could lose
For every moment I'll share with you
You're gonna have all of me
You're gonna have all of me
'Cause you're worth every falling tear
You're worth facing any fear
You're gonna know all my love
Even if it's not enough
Enough to mend our broken hearts
But giving you all of me is where I'll start
Heaven brought you to this moment, it's too wonderful to speak
You're worth all of me, you're worth all of me
So let me recklessly love you even if I bleed
You're worth all of me, you're worth all of me
You're gonna have all of me
You're gonna have all of me
'Cause you're worth every falling tear
You're worth facing any fear
You're gonna know all my love
Even if it's not enough
Enough to mend our broken hearts
But giving you all of me is where I'll start
You're gonna have all of me
'Cause you're worth every falling tear
You're worth facing any fear
You're gonna know all my love
Even if it's not enough
Enough to mend our broken hearts
But giving you all of me is where I'll start
Is where I'll start
This song has really got me thinking. I saw it posted on a blog of a friend after her sweet baby boy was born at 23 weeks gestation. It brought me to tears.
I've been thinking lately about being a mom and this song came to my mind. Because it takes all of me. Though my babies are healthy and that I do not take for granted, just living in this world and trying to raise children can apply to these song lyrics. This world breaks my heart. Fear grips me as a mom...if I let it... I think about how much love our Heavenly Father gives us and how by me giving all my love, all of me, to my children, it is the closest example of an earthly mirror of how on earth Christ can love us so much. How can I show my children a love that even comes close. How can I give them all of me?
Sometimes it looks like never experiencing any bathroom activity by myself, other times it looks like cleaning dried up boogers off the wall. Sometimes it looks like sitting rocking your baby girl to sleep while she nestles in with deep peaceful breaths. Sometimes it looks like calmly disciplining a child after time out has been completed with a review of what exactly said child did wrong and how they can do better. Sometimes it looks like saying "I'm sorry" to my child and asking for their forgiveness. Sometimes it looks like staying up late to finish that last load of laundry or waking up early to get in any exercise. Sometimes it looks like a picture drawn by a 4 year old of you and he holding hands with a heart in the middle.
If I can do anything all the way, I want it to be as a mom. I want my children to have all of me. I want them never to doubt my love. I want them to know that I will face any fear with them. I will always be here, even when they are in the place I am now. I look at these kids and though I am worn, though I am giving all of me...I can do so with grace if I allow God to do the same for me.
1 comment:
Lytm
Post a Comment