Spontaneity with three children is sometimes a little danuting...but our afternoon trip to the beach last Sunday at the spur of the moment was an absolute hit. We were sitting in Sunday School and I had just talked to my dear friend, Kerri about their one day trip to the beach. I thought, that is what our family needs...to get away...unplanned...exhale. And we did. Enjoy the pictures.
Though it was about 78 degrees and the water was not yet warmed from the summer sun...the kids were all over it. I think my three kids love the beach like their mama does.
I treasure these little moments. Look at that daddy and his daughter. Just precious.
Waiting for the big wave!!!
Just pure fun! I loved watching Landon and Connor just dive in, loving every moment of allowing the vast ocean to carry them, laughing, running, being boys.
Sweet baby Lindsay Jane. She was just delighted with our decision. She could hardly contain herself. She just jumped and laughed and ran all over the place! She was not at all scared of the ocean, or the cold water!
The boys love digging!
This is what happens when you are a little girl with two older brothers...I just adore these pictures as I sit and look at them remembering her delight with the big truck...just like her brothers used to and actually still do!
Checking out the sand..
Checking out the water...
Checking out the shells that daddy found.
The boys loved being covered with sand! Connor said he was "Flat Connor"...referencing his favorite book series, "Flat Stanley".
Well, I tried to get them to all three look at the camera...oh well. They had a blast and that is plain to see. :) That is what matters.
These types of pictures are my favorite. Two different types of miracles that God created. Right in my plain view. Exhale. Thanksgiving.
Meanwhile daddy and Landon were figuring out the starting line for their race!
My peace. Being at the beach for the afternoon was absolutely what I needed to do. Life gets hard sometimes. A lot of the time. Getting away from it all and being with my family was the best medicine ever. Sometimes I just need to exhale. Sometimes I need to leave the laundry, the dishes, the open charts, the unfinished grocery lists and menu plans for the week. It was great to be spontaneous and I know the kids really loved it. Stan and I needed it too. We actually talked in the van for 2 solid hours while the boys watched Frozen (Thanks Nanny) and Lindsay Jane slept. Times to talk to my husband are few and far between these days and that is a necessity in raising these three little gems.
Till next time...God knows what we need and I am so glad that Stan and I took a bit of a risk...took three kids to Wrightsville Beach and back in one afternoon. But, boy, was it worth it to just exhale. Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment