Thursday, April 3, 2014

Springtime in Spurts


Spring air is hear and how welcomed is it?  Thought I would share some of the ways we have gotten to enjoy its slow entry this year!!


We spent one day on the farm with the fam.  Landon really enjoyed playing ball with Wilson and getting to be outside in short sleeves!!!


Baby Cole was all smiles.  Just a doll baby.


Landon and Connor spent some time trying to get him to smile by tickling that sweet little belly.  I love watching these little ones grow up together.


Aunt Moo Moo got her time in with sweet Lindsay Jane.  There was, of course, time for making the puppet, Wrinkles talk and dance, lots of giggles and lots of snuggles.  These two have such a sweet little bond.


Nanny with the three Cole babies on the golf cart ready for an adventure!!


Ummm.  This one is more like it...

We did manage to go on a golf cart ride on the beautiful farm.  It couldn't have been a more beautiful March Sunday.  We looked at the animals, the big tractors and the rolling hills.  It truly was good medicine to be outside all that time and enjoy our beautiful earth.


Back at home, we decided it was prime time to get more sand for our sandbox.  Miss Lindsay Jane agreed that that was a great idea.  She has such a sweet look of determination in this picture.  I can hardly stand not to squeeze those cheeks!


More sandbox fun!


Porter and Landon getting out the water guns...these boys want any excuse to get into water play.  One reason I have been thankful for the cool weather is that I can still get away with, "No, it is still too cold for water play..."  Ha!


Landon started baseball!!!!!  We are thrilled to have a little baseball player at our house!  Landon is actually really enjoying baseball and seems to be a natural.  He is currently playing first base on his team and has quite the focus on the field.  He is taking after his Pop, which makes my heart so full.  My dad just beams at the idea of Landon playing baseball.  I love it.


Ready position...


Another ready position..


Get that grounder, boy!


Mommom even got out her glove to play, channeling my wonderful Grandmother, who was quite the softball player!  I guess baseball/softball is in the blood!


Lindsay Jane has been diligently washing her hands after playing in that sand box...


Landon completed a Read a thon and loved the book, Charlotte's Web.  He is really taking off with his reading, which is a huge Praise!!  I have really enjoying reading chapter books with both boys and also having them pick those movies to watch after reading the books.  Hey, a nice break from Star Wars, Lego Movie and Ninjas...


Lindsay Jane enjoyed the swing.  It is amazing how very big she is.  My baby is growing up.  My how quickly time flies.


Time for our annual Easter Bunny Cake making with the Woodruffs!



Happy Crew!



My crazy crew!


All done!  These four have really enjoyed this little food craft that we have been doing for 4 years now!  It is really hard to believe.


This was the first year we did it...Landon and JD were just babies!!!  Great memories for sure.


Lindsay Jane loved sharing in the tradition by eating the cake.  This girl has a mean sweet tooth...


Look what we found!  Our sweet Connorbug is such a free spirit.  He always stops to smell the roses and frequently, because of his creativity, loses things...such as his beloved back pack.  He has been looking for this for weeks because he still wants to be Diego- one of the childhood memories I am sure I have keep a hold of forever for him.  So, the fact that he is still wanting to dress up like Diego warms my mama heart.  Seeing this orange back pack was such a surprise.  Some sweet soul left it on the fence so that the owner would find it.  What a blessing.  You know, I do see that as a blessing.  Taking time to smell the roses, like my Connorbug does, also reminds me to stop and count my blessings.  There are too many to count...as long as I look!


My sweet happy boy.


Lindsay Jane loving playing on the play structure.  Love that smile.


Connorbug climbing the bars.  This picture really makes me see just how big my sweet boy is.  I cannot believe how tall he is.  Only one more year and he will be going to Kindergarten.  STOP time!!


Stan got to go with us.  He took off for a work trip to Orlando on this past Tuesday but took the morning off before he went to spend with us.  I have to say, that was one of the best gifts he has ever given me.  It was so thoughtful.  No gift is greater than time with my family.  You can see that Lindsay Jane agrees. :)

It was truly amazing the way God blessed me while Stan has been out of town.  I had help that far exceeded any expectation that I could have had.  My mother in law was an amazing trooper, spending the night and stepping right in with carting kids to and fro.  She also spoiled me by getting us dinner, lunch, taking us girls shopping, doing dishes, laundry and even helping Connor in the middle of the night when he got sick! What a blessing to have such a wonderful mother in law!  The kids really enjoyed her sweet company and the extra giggles that are always present with Nanny around.  I had a dear dear member of our church family bring me several freezer meals and dinner just because!  She also imparted some of her wonderful parenting wisdom on me before she left as she has raised two boys and a girl and has been where I am!  Blessing!  Another member of our church came over and watched the kids so Stan and I could go dance before he left for his trip and yet another member of our church came and kept the kids so I could go spend some quality time with my mother in law without distraction.  Lots of friends reached out to me asking what they could do to help and I just got off the phone with one who invited us over to their house for a playdate, food craft and dinner tonight!  I feel so loved and cared for and better able to encourage Stan to go on another trip like this if needed since I have such a great network of support.  Stan, if you are reading this, I don't mean any time soon!  Ha!


Daddy daughter love.



More sweet shots of Connor.


Lindsay Jane really thinking about going down that slide!


And, she's off!!!


Daddy had to show Connorbug how to master the monkey bars...


Lindsay Jane got more and more brave as the morning went on and was sliding down all of the slides with ease by the time we left...


Which is why I got to take this picture. ;)

So welcome Spring!  Though it has come in slowly and in little spurts, I really think we have been able to appreciate it more.  The vitamin D certainly doesn't hurt our moods, either!  I have to admit, it has been hard to wait for this weather, but now that it seems it is here to stay, I really look forward to the fun times ahead for our family this spring and summer.  It is so refreshing to sit down and count my blessings.  Love to you all!

No comments: