Happy Easter from the Cole family! Enjoy our Easter celebrations spanning last weekend and this weekend...
We started out at Teresa's last Saturday afternoon for fun and games. The boys got going with the hula hoops right away...
And Lindsay Jane loved this rocking horse!
And this lawn mower!
The boys got on Aunt Teresa's Thomas train and for the first time an adult did not have to push down in Thomas to make him go...that was a relief! Ha!
Brice and David checked out the more heavy farm machinery.
Lindsay Jane found another rocking horse. :)
Landon practiced his batting...this boy is into baseball!
Nanny got some snuggle time with sweet baby Cole. How precious is he? :)
John and Stan gave the four boys a wagon ride- a big hit for all!
Aunt Moo got her Lindsay Jane time. :)
And, Nanny and Moo posed for a pictures with the littles of the Cole crew.
Aunt Moo also had her time with sweet Connor. She was really trying to focus on being really careful with the see saw...she is such a sweet sweet aunt.
This is how you relax with an 18 month old. :)
John was the master egg hider...
Stan and Neil got in on it too...
Cole tried out his hula hooping skills.
And the hunt is ON!
Connor ended up having to have another basket, he found so many eggs!
Lindsay Jane really had no interest in hunting. She only wanted to look at the basket.
But...when brothers were sorting their loot...she became much more intrigued...
Then, she giggled with Nanny.
Ice cream anyone?
I think Brice liked it!
And Madi!
Sarah was a bit camera shy, but I caught her anyway. Who doesn't love ice cream is the question, right?
And one of my favorite series of pictures...Cole's first ice cream...
Ummmm, yeah...just give me that spoon...
I am all in.
Lindsay Jane's turn!
Learning to lick...
I got this!!!
The beauty of life on the farm. I just love pictures like this one. There are so many stories to tell in this one picture. I love that Lindsay Jane is in her pajamas, holding a fishing pole and and being a part of such a great legacy. Stan and the boys got a few casts and Landon actually was the only one to catch one that night. He was very proud!
A trip around the lake in the golf cart...see Landon and Connor running ahead? John told me he was getting them good and ready for bed. Thank you, John. :)
------------------------------------
Fast forward into our week...I decided to do resurrection rolls with the kids this year. I will explain later on in this post because...we had to try for a second time because the first ones didn't quite work out. But, as you can see, Lindsay Jane has 1) developed a sweet tooth and 2) learned how to turn it on for the camera...
We also decorated our famous sugar cookies. Landon moaned a little at first, but as usual, he ended up getting over it and having fun...
Connor, my focused little artist, making his cookies just right.
Again, Lindsay Jane and her sweet tooth...
My big boy, enjoying the fruit of his labor.
Connor, back at his artwork..
And...so proud.
A few of mine... :) Hey, I enjoy it as much as the kids do. :)
Well, maybe not as much as this little gem does. :)
We shared our cookies with playgroup on Friday. So great that Sophia was on Spring Break so she got to come and take part in the cookie making!
Happy crew.
Connor, love that smile. :)
These kids just melt my heart. It is so awesome watching them continue to grow up together. They have all been friends basically since birth and now they are like siblings/best buds. There are two couches in my living room, but they all dog-piled onto the ottoman together. So sweet. :)
Next project...Resurrection Easter Egg Hunt with a 4, 5, 6 and 7 year old...Hmmmm. What about that age span do I not yet understand when it comes to ability to focus...
No, really, it was a very meaningful time. Here, Janise is getting out one of the first clues and reading about the story of Easter. The kids did a great job listening and taking turns and Landon, Sophia and even Emelia even did some of the reading this year! What a different a year makes!
If you are not familiar with the Resurrection Easter Egg Hunt, there are 12 eggs that are numbered. The kids go find the eggs in order and there is a symbol and scripture in each egg that tells the story of the crucifixion and resurrection. It is such a great way to teach the story as the verses are short but full of fact and meaning, there are small little symbols to help them relate and remember and it is all a part of a very familiar "Eastery thing" such as an Easter Egg Hunt. Very cool. Very meaningful.
This is my very favorite one. Landon is opening the very last egg which is Empty, without a symbol like the other ones had...because the tomb was empty! What a precious time of teaching these little ones about the resurrection. Janise and I remarked how their impatience with getting on to the next egg reminded us of ourselves and how impatient we can be...tough lessons we learn from these little ones. But, such a blessing to learn through life with these precious gifts. It is amazing how much they teach us.
--------------------------------------
Time to dye eggs!!!
And...if you are 18 months old...time to eat goldfish so you can be occupied while the older kids get help doing the egg dying!!
Best buds.
I'd say a fun time was had by all. :)
------------------------------------------------
And...it's Easter Morning at the Cole Household...Ninjas and all...
Connorbug was very thrilled that the Easter Bunny found these Ninja Costumes at the Dollar Store...
Landon, a lover of stuffed animals, was attached immediately to his new "lovie", "Blu" from Rio 2.
Landon telling Connor about how great that chocolate cross was going to be.
My Landon. My, oh, my.
A personality exploding...
Lindsay Jane was very thrilled at the little bunny crackers that the Easter Bunny found!
Figuring out this egg thing...
Lindsay Jane and her new backpack.
Connor and his chocolate cross.
And, Easter dinner with our dear friends the Smiths and the Brooks.
More fun with swords and other pretend weaponry...see Connor being a sneaky Ninja in the background? :)
Baylie and Steve were so so kind to take sweet little Lindsay Jane for a lot of walks and adventures so dear old mom could have a break. A teething 18 month old who didn't take a nap can be a little wearing on a mama. I am so thankful for such precious friends who love my children so much and take time to invest in their happiness. Steve and Baylie are also just baby whisperers. What a treat this special 2 on one time was for my Lindsay. What a blessed little love. What a blessed girl I am to have the kind of friends I do.
More Egg hunting...too much cuteness in this picture.
Emmie discovering an egg.
Connor, still adorned in Ninja gear, getting that egg in the bag so he can flee on to the next.
Super Landon, swooping in to add to his collection.
Lindsay Jane getting the hang of it!
Sweet Steve with Lindsay Jane again, holding her blankie while she hunts. I love the adoring smile on his face. :)
Sophia said, "I found a bunch up here guys!!!!"
Stan and Derek relaxing.
Sweet smiley Zachary.
The egg hunting crew with their loot!
The sorting begins...
Me and my little girl. :)
The Resurrection Rolls take 2...
So, the idea is that you roll marshmallows in butter then cinnamon sugar and then cover them with a crescent roll and seal the roll as if to symbolize the tomb (Jesus is the marshmallow). Once sealed, you bake the rolls and theoretically, the marshmallow melts and the roll (tomb) is empty and filled with yummy mixture of marshmallow, cinnamon sugar and butter...Take 2, also a fail. I even got the Pillsbury Grands because I thought the first attempt failed because I had gotten store brand crescent rolls. I guess next year, I need to wrap that little marshmallow with two rolls! There was one that worked and the kids got the meaning...and got to enjoy a sweet treat.
Zachary was sure he was getting one too...
And he was right. Boy, it's good to be baby number three...number one would never have gotten such a treat!
So, this picture here...
And this picture here...bring such wonderful closing to my post. Steve, Baylie and Emelia loved on my Lindsay Jane and they didn't have to. It was their choice. What a beautiful picture of love and acceptance. Makes me think of how Jesus loves us...not because he has to but because he wants to.
And, Connor. This child has such an amazing heart. He saw that he only had three chocolate eggs in his little bag after the hunt was over (many of the eggs were empty-being that this was the kids like 80th egg hunt this Easter...) and instead of comparing and crying and fussing about how his brother had more, he exclaimed, "Look how many eggs I have mom!" (Yes, son, three...less than everyone else...I am glad you are so excited about that...wow!)
Also, earlier, Landon noticed that that new "Blu" that he got from the Easter Bunny had a small tear in its back. Connor piped up instantly, "Oh, mine doesn't have a tear, so we can trade!" Without a thought, this child was grateful for less eggs than all of the other children and he was willing to trade his perfect toy for an imperfect one so his brother would not be sad. He is four. Makes me really think about how I might approach those types of situations as an adult.
I am learning a ton from these kids, did I mention that? Happy Easter everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment