Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sureal in Nashville

So, I just returned home from my conference in Nashville for Pediatric Nurse Practitioners. While there my friend Virginia and I, along with a new friend, Gigi, explored Nashville's most recommended hotspots. I have to share about our most favorite place- The Bluebird. http://www.bluebirdcafe.com/ We heard 4 extremely talented songwriters perform their songs that popular country stars have recorded. As I sat listening to the music- you know how country music is with the sap and stories- I just had to pause and really appreciate the gift of music that my parents have given me. I connected so much to the instruments, the voices, the words and more than anything- the captivation music has on me- it engulfed me for that time and that space. It was as if all of life stopped and the sounds that filled the room connected everyone together and none of the stress from the day mattered.
I only hope I can give this same gift to Landon and recognize how influential music already is in his world. Even today when I got home, I turned on the music and that little guy got the biggest smile on his face are started bee-bopping. What a blessing music is and what a gift to share in so many ways.

3 comments:

Kristi with a K said...

Welcome to the world of blogging Kristen!!! :o) Lily says hi
JoshandKristiElston.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Kristen,

I have another great friend with a wonderful blog that has convinced me to enter this wonderful world...hopefully I'll get one up now that tax season is over! I love your's so far!

Lauren

Dawn said...

Amen. I love music, too. You and your family definitely have a gift for music so it will be exciting to see how the music-bug affects the newest generation.