Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Prayers needed
Stan and I help out with the middle school youth group and have for about 5 years now. We love those kids- an age group that I never pictured myself working with- amazing how God works. We just learned that one of our youth at church has lymphoma and is going through a lot of testing this week to determine the type as well as the stage in order to begin treatment. She is 13, beautiful (inside and out) and full of a love for life. I have always commented to Stan how mature her faith is for her age when she responds so thoughtfully to tough questions during youth group. Please pray for her, her mother and father and her brother this week and next as their future unfolds. It is times like these that are so hard to understand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kristen,
I will certainly be praying for this little girl. My sister suffered from non-hodgkins lymphoma when she was a sr. in high school. Her treatments lasted for a year, but she has been cancer free for almost 12. I pray for the same experience for her. I know how difficult this can be. Please let her parents know that if they would like to talk to our family about our experience, they are more than welcome.
Post a Comment