Saturday, April 19, 2008
New Words
Ball, Bubble, No, Truck, Stick, Book, Uh (for Uh Oh), Bye, More, animal sounds x at least 30- my favorite is "SSSSSSSS" for snake. I think Landon is officially starting the "burst" that I have talked to so many parents about in the past. You know how it is, the literature says it, so I tell parents and now I am experiencing it - and oh how it comes to life off of those pages in my textbooks from school. It is also funny that my child signs...I never thought I was "that type". But, now experiencing motherhood has taught me just how absolutely helpful it is! Landon can tell me "all done" which is a biggie. The funny part is that he did the sign for "all done" when his babysitter took him to Target to grocery shop- right when they walked in the door. Ladies and gentlemen, I don't think I have a shopper. :) It is so funny, those things motherhood is teaching me- another one is food. I have a picky eater who is tiny- 4th percentile at his last visit. Talk about driving a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner crazy!! I have accepted the fact that someone has to defend the 4th percentile and I am okay with Landon being there. Landon is a food throwing toddler- also a reason that the "all done" sign is essential- he signs "all done" and if I don't move that tray in about 2 seconds, he is throwing. I have also had to expand my food choices for him to include things I never thought I would give my child- after all, I did my research on childhood obesity! But, yes, I admit, I have bought him frozen tostidas and I let him dip the tostida in ketchup!!!!!!!!!!! Not only that, but he loves cookies. And cookie monster. And grits. And me. And he is teaching me so much more than I learned in those books.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a fun little boy. I can't wait to see him again! Parenting is such an adventure!
It is so much better experiencing it in real life than reading it in books! Bella signed as well and it was so incredibly helpful. I'll definitely try that again the next time around, whenever that day may come.
Post a Comment