Well, let me get started. This post includes a ton of pictures, lots of memories, a good ole helping of peace and an enormous amount of love. Can't you tell from this first picture?
The parties included: The Cole Clan...
And the Smith Clan!
We arrived Thursday afternoon, the 2nd day of October and the boys went for it. The ocean was really not that cold at all, what a wonderful time to be at the beach!
Lindsay Jane couldn't contain herself. She was one excited little girl, saying, "Beach, Beach, Beach" repeatedly!
Daddy took her out to check out the water.
The older kids got a hold of some bubbles and were amazed that they didn't have to blow, the wind took care of that!
We headed in for pizza and movie night. Sophia and Landon were geared up for a fun weekend together. I cannot believe how long these two have been such close friends. It is so so sweet to me to see these friendships building as I remember the Olmstead family from growing up. Our families have the same structure as my family and the Olmstead family did growing up. I know the joy that a special type of friendship brings a child because I experienced it myself. I treasure my memories and I almost relive them through my kids relationships with the Smiths' kids. So sweet.
Friday morning was an early one. These 4 were up before 6:00 am and ready for the world. The adults remarked how nice it was to feel a comradery that we are not the only ones whose children are up before the sun. Our multiple pots of coffee were happily shared, prepared and supported. :)
Lindsay Jane and Daddy watching the older kids- you know probably at about 8:30 am. :)
Me and my little love.
Stan showing off his guns. Boys! Men!
I really love this picture. You can see Stan with Connor and Emelia in the ocean behind Lindsay Jane and Sophia. I love how the light is coming in on this picture too. This is just a picture to me of what peace the beach is. I love all of the ways I can see God's love in this picture.
Landon had a blast. In fact, he asked me when we were sitting in the car ready to go, "Mom, I have saved up 27.00. Do you think if I gave it to you and you gave it to the people who own the beach house, we could stay another five minutes?" SO sweet. He loves the beach like his mama does.
He had a great time with Sophia as I previously mentioned. I got lots of pictures of the two of them.
This one is my favorite. :) Look how big they are!
Then there is my Connorbug. He had lots of fun, esp. when he was in the ocean. He was a little bit of the odd man out this time as his immaturity of only being 4 and not yet in school was hard to overlook with the older three kids.
His tender little heart did get some recharging, how he recharges best, in his own sweet little world.
Emelia, a waterbug like Connor, was happy to frolic in the waves with the other middle child! :)
Ready? Set!
GO!
Love this smile!
And, back for more!
I think he ended up faring just fine!
A little baseball...
And, our little princess...she dug in the sand with the best of them and had an especially fun time on the surf boards being pulled by the daddies!
Love this one!
Look mommy, I'm a big girl!
And...Whoops!
Emelia getting her turn in!
And Zachary! Who loved. every. minute!
Whoops!
What fun having kids is at the beach!!!
There was also LOTS of digging that went on!
And lots of bonding between these two!
There were a few chili moments. :)
And some football!
Did I mention how sweet this one is? His heart is overflowing with love. He never misses an opportunity to tell us how much he loves us. He writes it down every time he draws. He "takes pictures with his eyes and holds our faces in his heart". He closes his eyes and says he can feel our love. How tender a spirit, this little one. How precious it is to see God's creation in him.
Two little engineers?
Sweet Landon, enjoying his quiet time on the beach. Landon, a hole, his old dumptruck and all the sand and sea he can imagine. His spirit is so alive here as well. He was able to let go of all of the stresses that a sweet second grader comes upon in school these days. It was such a blessing to see him let go, be a little boy and enjoy life. He is so full of energy and light, seeing him blossom at the beach was such a gift.
Of course we had to get ice cream!
Another chili moment!
Bliss. These are the days.
My pensive Connor.
Four amigos...
Four amigos smiling!
The girls.
The boys.
Little Lindsay Jane loving the beach and the sand.
And...loving frolicking with Emelia!
But, the next series of Lindsay Jane and this guy, has to be my favorite from the trip...
It just doesn't get any better than that.
What. a. gift! Not only did Janise and I get a lot of time to talk, we also really were able to breath and enjoy the space away from the world. Being able to connect our hearts at this place was a tremendous gift to my soul. Life in the grind gets so very overwhelming and it was just divine timing to get away. Being able to connect spiritually, too, is the deepest kind of friendship, esp. when you feel closer to God as a result. Seeing just how big the ocean is and how small I am, always hits home when I think about God's love for me and my silliness in trying to control things! Watching the little birds, the dolphins, the pelicans, and thinking about their lack of worry about the future was what Janise and I talked a lot about. God has his best for us, one day at a time. Wouldn't it be great to really live into that? Those sea creatures do. I strive to as well and pray that even just the space to get away and recognize that will help me to trust God in my home, my marriage, my parenting, my work and my little world.
The kids had space away too, to be kids, to frolick, to eat kettle corn and cookies, to dig in the sand, play their Pokemon cards and watch a little Jake and the Neverland Pirates too. A treasured time, indeed, was truly had by all.
My three little loves.
Zachary and Lindsay Jane being two...she looks michievios in this one because she took the truck away from Zachary...watch out, she has two big brothers!
Another one of my sweet mini me. ;)
My peace.
My peace.
Sweet sweet memories of a time in my life I will always treasure...when my baby girl just loves running to her mama. I must be doing something right.
One of the many beautiful pictures Stan captured.
One last squeeze with Lindsay Jane before leaving.
Until next year, Surf City!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment