Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pumpkin Patch 2014



Well, we did it again!  Ganyard Hill Farm is the best!  We made our annual trip to the pumpkin patch yesterday.  Usually we go with my side of the family and really missed Pop and Mommom (due to Pop's shoulder surgery) and Tamara, John and Geneva since Maryland is a little bit of a drive for a pumpkin!  We still had such a wonderful time with Karen and Zaiya.  Enjoy!


Lindsay Jane new we were headed for some fun!  I am so in love with this little face. :)


 Our crew!  Connor was also quite excited, can't you tell?


This picture did not turn out this year.  Oh well.  This is what happens when you are doing your best just to get a picture of four children even looking in the direction of the camera and don't look at the preview and keep clicking...


Oh well!


I love seeing them from the side. The light was better and I love that Zaiya is glancing at me, like, "Really, from all angles you all are taking pictures?"


Happy!


SO SO Happy!


Of course, my Landon, being a little rascal...Lindsay Jane and Zaiya had already boycotted this picture.  ;)


Then there was the infamous hay tunnels.  Zaiya and Connor would have stayed here all day long!


"Hey, look at me!  Look how high I am!" Good thing I am almost 8 years in to being a boy mom.  These kinds of scenarios aren't quite as anxiety producing as they used to be for dear old mom!






Happy customers, indeed.  :)


Landon was so sweet and asked Stan to do the hay maze with him.  I am not sure who was having more fun here... look at that enthusiasm...


Meanwhile, these two could not be stopped!






They all eventually found the tunnel beneath and I think I even see a little bit of a smile on this big boy's face!


Time to feed goats.  Lindsay Jane was so cute.  She called them puppies, bunnies and sheep.  She also moo'd at them.  I guess we haven't seen that many goats, us Coles...



This sweet young girl kept collecting corn for the little ones to feed the goats.  Lindsay Jane made a fast friend.  I love seeing children just show kindness to others, especially other little children, younger than they.  It was so warming to my heart.




She was quite a trooper, feeding the goats.  It was really funny because once the goat even got closed to her hand, she would drop all the corn, shiver and shriek, then ask for "Mo".  I love watching her try to model her daddy and try to be a big girl, while still conquering the fear of doing something new and a little bit scary!


She was super impressed that the goat (or Moo) could climb!


Now, on to some cow milking lessons from big brother.  You know, Landon has done this for 4 years now, so he is actually a pro...according to him... and Lindsay Jane.



He was really taking his role seriously of passing on the torch of cow milking..


Ok, I've got this!


Time for everyone's favorite!  The corn crib!


This is his new favorite pose for me.  Fun times.


Lindsay Jane follows him around like a little puppy.  It is quite cute and Landon actually loves it.


Going down the slide together!


See...he is looking up at his baby sister here.  What a great smile, what a precious moment to capture. This is why I take pictures.  I love reliving the joy.  I also love showing the kids the pictures.  Landon has sat down with me before and looked at shots like this saying, "That's silly!"  And, then we talk about how much fun we had when the said picture was taken.  He has even commented to me before that he does understand why I take pictures...but..."You don't have to take so many, mom."




Oh, how I enjoyed watching her go down the slide and down the slide and down the slide.  What a happy happy little girl.  What a happy happy mama.




Corn crib giggles. :)






What a fun time playing with my girl in the corn.  :)  These are the days and the times I will treasure forever.



 Connorbug, getting a feel for the corn, after his long romp in the hay tunnels!


Lindsay and Daddy's turn to play!



 Nice tries for a family picture in the corn crib!




More happy.  :)


Landon practicing that face I am getting accustomed to!



 Trying to get a picture of our boys... I love it!


Zaiya getting covered up with corn, and loving every minute!


 Hayride time!


 Another nice try for a family picture...


Corn maze!



 Landon trying to perform some karate skills on the corn stalks.


Daddy's girl.  Don't you just love these kid of shots?  That little girl is on top of the world on her daddy's shoulders.  I SO remember being that little girl on my daddy's shoulder.  I remember hating it when I got too old to ride and feeling sad when my sister got to and I didn't anymore because I was too big.  I treasure watching Stan being a daddy.  He's a keeper, for sure.




 Lindsay Jane picking or her little pumpkin.  I could just eat her up!




Stan and the boys got theirs too!  Good thing we have a strong man around! Ha!


I think Connor was more impressed with the corn he found on the corn maze.  Karen was a sweetheart and took care of our little "lallygagger".  Connor has quite the imagination and is very slow in his way of collecting every piece of information that surrounds him.  It is very endearing and also sometimes...well...dare I say, patience testing...


After a long but very fun morning, it was time to head home.


And we always bring the stroller to load it full of pumpkins!


One last picture at the hay bails!  Connor was happy to climb up by using the pumpkins.  His brother, on the other hand...






Was determined.  He would not let us help him!  He had to climb up on his own, and he did.  That little fighter will not give up.  This quality is awesome when I think about many things...just a bit hard to parent.  ;)


And, the best family picture we got.  Pretty good for a bunch of crazies!  ;)



The sweet kiddos were tired, so all in all, they really did a great job posing for pictures, well past LJ's nap and with two hungry boys.



Sweet moments.


I have a feeling this one is going to be quite the determined one as well...




One last chance to feed the goats...


Grind the corn...




Ride a tractor...


And milk a cow!


And...look at my three hungry and tired babies.  They did great!  We had a picnic lunch, headed home and had an awesome evening with Zaiya staying over with us.  We have loved having some extra time with him in the past couple months.  As you can see from the following picture, I think he loves it too!


1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Absolutely wonderful day - so glad the rain held off - but this made us miss it even more - next year Mommom and Pop will be in fine fiddle again! LYTM