Here he is! My 5 year old! Here he is pictured at the state fair...my first trip and his! We spent the day together on his birthday, just me and my little man. What a special day. What a special little boy.
The morning started off with Lucky Charms (actually Magic Surprises or something like that- you know the generic names are always cheesy). You can see that at least Connor and Lindsay Jane were happy about this! Landon was too, he just didn't want his picture taken...
Then, a doughnut! What! And his mama is a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner? Who works in GI! With the feeding team? What?!
It was canned food day, so we went to Food Lion, got our 5 cans each and set off from the free parking to start off our day!
And, yet another treat before 10:00am. I mean, could this be considered somewhat healthy? It is an apple, right?
We took a little breather to enjoy the view of what we would be headed for. It being both of our first trips, we weren't exactly sure what we were getting ourselves in to! Seeing the rides from these bleachers was just what we needed to really get excited. :)
We did get stopped by the walls and walls of stuffed animals, aka lovies...
Since, "every kid wins" I let Connor play this game. The gal working the booth was really sweet and said, "Welcome to Walmart" he can pick what he wants for 15.00. Haha. It was better than I expected and it was his birthday, so 15.00 it was. And he won. And then...
He wanted to do it again to get a Peekacho for his brother...how could I turn that request down?
So thrilled to have been able to "win" one for his brother too. :)
Next stop, the fun houses! Yay! They were not as scary or as sketchy as the other rides...all this was before I realized that there was a kiddie ride section...rookie mistake...
Hamster wheel in the water! Look at his sweet little face! He loves this "ride." He got inside and ran around as the big floaty spun in the water, just like a hamster wheel. It was awesome.
Finally found the kiddie section...dropped another 10 bucks in an instant...
We sat and enjoyed our lunch at this spot. When I took this picture, he had just hopped out of my lap, where he had been perched for the past at least 10 minutes. It was just such a special moment for me. If you want to know more details, you can view this previous BLOG post http://captivated-kristen.blogspot.com/2014/10/just-in-time.html. Connor and I sat and watched the balloons and he talked to me about how pretty they were. He also asked me how they got down from the sky and how the people made them hard like that? He is such a delightful child. His little imagination is one to behold. He is always thinking and always distracted...by those sweet little interplays he has going on his his mind. He is tender. He is loving. He is very bright (if I do say so myself). He enjoys one on one time and is very sensitive, just like his mama. He has a couple really good friends, unlike our social bug, Landon, who really has never met a stranger. Connor is often still shy and will hide behind my leg. He is a great hugger and is always squeezing my arm with just enough syllable pulses to say, "I love you so much and to the moon and the sun and back." He is such a sweet treasure. I fall more in love with him every day.
Cotton Candy. Oh yes!
And...success.
Time for birthday cake and a family birthday parrrty!
Lindsay and Landon were happy to join in the cake eating festivities!
Landon was so sweet, reading Connor's cards to him. There are such tender moments between these two...there are also amazingly rough moments as well! Wow. Boys.
Pop and Mommom made him smile BIG with his new electric construction set!
He has been asking for this Baby Jaguar for at least 2 years. Mommy finally broke down and got it for him. Look at that sweet smile.
Um, Lindsay Jane immediately thought that this must be hers...she was very quick to make introductions...
Connor opening a really cool wooden harmonica from Aunt Rebecca and Uncle Eamon!
And playing it! Don't you love Stan's face?
Ninja Turtle sweat suit...to double as his Halloween costume...this mama ain't no dummy...
I am pretty sure he liked it!
Lindsay Jane trying out the harmonica. This one doesn't miss a beat.
And...Pokemon playing cards...just like his brother!
That is a happy Connorbug, right there.
Landon, fighting off jealousy...and teaching Connor about his new tin...and figuring out how he might capitalize on making some good trades with his brother's new additions...
My boys. What a precious picture. Just love them to pieces!
Sweet little Cole.
My darling family at Tweetsie. I love this picture.
The boys were ready to get this party started!
Lindsay Jane and mommy. Look at her face. She kept saying, "Choo Choo!"
My absolutely wonderful Sister and Brother-in-law with my precious nephew. Love them.
Time to rope and ride!
Caroline and Landon being seven...
Cole and Anna in the Tee pee with Connor hiding behind...
Allison loving on Lindsay Jane...
Mike, Allison and little Nicholas.
Ready to roll! I love these two!
Little Nicholas was one happy little boy!
Oh no! Bandits! Good thing there were cowboys to protect us!
Connor and daddy watching from the train.
Precious moments.
Connor was checking out the sign that indicated that there was a birthday party for him upstairs!
I think they all enjoyed the cupcakes?
Sitting back, looking around the room at some amazing people in my life. Allison and Heather came with their families to celebrate sweet Connor. Kay, Anna, Brandon and Cole also came. It was a journey through many years for me as I looked around the room to see all of these beautiful children, 9 total, that started out with a girl in college meeting a kindred spirit then (Allison), another right after college (Stan) and another in graduate school (Heather). God has a great plan and I am glad it has included Allison, Stan and Heather...look at the blessings that have come from those three very special relationships...The depth of these relationships is hard to explain in what seems like such a short time - but it has been almost 15 years since I graduated college...What?!
More presents!
It always amazes me that kids are so drawn to regular old playgrounds when you go to a place like Tweetsie. But, they are kids, it was their day, so we let them play!
Stan stopping for a silly photo opt.
Love these pictures, especially Stan's face! The boys had a blast on all the rides!
Switch up! Nicholas would only ride this ride with Landon, not his big sister. :)
I don't think Landon minded...
Or Lindsay Jane!
Connor took a turn on the boats.
Ryan and his little "daredevil", Emma, owned that Tweetsie Twister!!!
Then we headed to the petting zoo. Goats...
Llamas..
Baby goats were the highlight for sure, esp. for Connor! He wanted to take one home. What a sweet little pet...NOT!
Stan thought this donkey was hilarious. :)
Connor got Lindsay Jane in on the deal with the baby goat too... They just chased the goats around the little park, it was so cute. :)
Time for Lindsay's nap...could she push through?
Nanny holding her on the chairlift...
And a sweet little catnap...
This was the beautiful view from the chairlift.
Much to my surprise, Nanny jumped on this ride with the boys!!!
And also, muuuuuch to my surprise, I got on this one! Ryan just belly laughed while I screamed and Heather enjoyed herself taking pictures of me. :)
I think Landon and Emma rode this one about 15 times, at least!
Connorbug and I on the chairlift! We spotted Stan and Landon in line for the drop ride that I mentioned above!
Time for the Ferris Wheel! Love that smile!
What a neat view of some of our sweet moments at Tweetsie. :)
It was so much fun riding in the car with Emma. Ryan and Heather's youngest is old enough to want to do these types of things too, so...I volunteered to be the extra adult. Emma was a much better driver than Connor was!!!!
Sweet Herring family. Love these guys to pieces.
Brother bonding.
And the little plane ride! I love this one. She would wave just like this every time she passed me. I just laughed and laughed. What wonderful medicine for my soul. Love her.
My attempts at a picture of my three babies. Good try?
Lindsay Jane is always happy to pose for mama.
One last ride on the train. Nicholas was out and Lindsay Jane was very close...as you can tell. It was such a blessing to ride this last time with Allison. We actually had the chance to catch up while the older ones were entertained with the bandits and cowboys and the little ones nestled in their mamas arms.
Couldn't love these two any more. What a wonderful and unexpected gift to have them and their sweet families join us for a day at Tweetsie to celebrate Connorbug.
All locked up! haha! I should have made a break for it!
And last, but certainly not least...a surprise party for our other birthday in October..."Annaween".
Connor pointing out the candles on the top of the cake that were for him and the big one in the middle was for Aunt Moo. Love Anna's face. She is such a special auntie!
Anna loves kitty cat sleep shirts. I think I may have been more excited to have given this to her than she was to receive it...well, maybe not, she was pretty thrilled. Love her!
And, that's a wrap. A Nanny sandwich.
Hope ya'll enjoyed our wonderful adventures in celebrating Connor Douglas turning 5!
No comments:
Post a Comment