Thursday, November 6, 2014

Halloween 2014


Here is my best shot of my precious three.  My Ninja Turtle, my Obi Wan Kenobi and my little fairy. How could you NOT have a Happy Halloween with this crew?  This was the night before.  I thought I would get a few shots before they starting digging into all of the scrumptious candy of the following eve...


Lindsay really had to check her surroundings and I just love this sweet picture. :)


Boys being boys.


Boys being boys and a little sister trying to also perfect her Star Wars stance...

These next pictures started my day on Halloween!  I attended Landon's School Halloween parade and the second grade class reports on Historical Characters and party following.  It was so precious...


I caught Landon in the parade and had just called his name.  He was looking for me!  Can't believe it, but he was looking for his mama.  It did cause me not to get a picture of his face, but the fact that he looked for me was worth it!  He was dressed up as Babe Ruth, with a little Pocahontas behind him... ;)


Einstein and Martin Luther King Jr...


Abigail Adams and Norman Schwarzkopf...



Cuties in Kindergarten and First Grade from our church.  :)


Silly teachers!



Another Babe Ruth sighting..


Landon's Second Grade class, anxiously awaiting their turn at oral reports.  Sheesh!


 Landon giving his report on Babe Ruth.  I was so so proud of him!


Mommy and Landon.  I treasure this picture.  Look at that sweet smile. ;)


Landon's 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. West.  She was also very very proud of him!  We have had a tough start to the school year but have so many people in Landon's court.  He has his own little cheering section at Woods.  I am so thankful for his progress and also for his spirit...though difficult to parent, there are benefits to being "spirited"...or one might say, stubborn...or determined, yes...I like that one! haha!

Next stop...the Halloween express...





Cookie making and crafts with our dear friends Stacey and Baylie.  I love love the concentration in this one!


Pre-Zachary (who was home getting his last winks of naptime in), getting ready for some games, neighborhood parading and trick or treating!


I decided to have a few games this year.  This one was a scavenger hunt to find bones...he who found orange bones...got a prize!!! Wa-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! (They were doggie bones)


This game was very serious for Miss Emelia...


Still serious Emelia...Landon showed off his prized orange bone!


Sophia helping Baylie find one!


Good ole' Princess Elsa...of course she found a prized bone!


 Landon had to stop, mid-game, to swing his light saber a bit...


Porter got in on the fun too!


Connor showing off his orange bone.  Don't worry, serious Emelia found one too.  Of course there were enough orange bones for all the kids...


Next game...a tactile mystery...what could be in this bowl, feeling yucky???  I believe this one was eye balls!!!  Aka, peeled grapes!


Love Baylie's face in this one!  These were the spider legs... Aka, pipe cleaners... :)


Connor celebrating that he actually touched the yuck!  It was touch and go for a while!


Porter...not. feeling. it.


Should we touch it?


That's my boy!  Love that sweet face.




Baylie was hilarious!  She was all in. I did not imagine she would be the one telling me at the end of the night that this was her favorite part of the night!  ;)




Sophia, the adventurous one, was the most timid about touching the goo...




So, I chased her around the yard with it!






And, we all ended up touching the noodles (brains) once we could see what it was.  What fun!


Wait, are they all looking?  :) Our trick or treating crew!!!



Happy and crazy kiddos!


My three crazies.  :)


Six little pumpkins...


Zachary the little race car driver!  It was so cute because Landon dressed up as a race car driver when he was Zachary's age.  :)  Something about boys and cars!


Katie and Tori came to pass out our candy so we could be out trick or treating with the kids.  Of course, I don't think they minded one bit being able to see all the cuties in their costumes!!!  These ladies are just about the most self-less people I know and boy am I thankful they are my dear friends!!!


We did have a cute little lady bug join us!


And "Queen Elizabeth" showed up at the parade.  She was beautiful!  She just loved all the little ones and I loved seeing her out and about, enjoying life.  Definitely an inspiration at 93 years young!


Our crew this year.  Stan didn't dress up (he said he was Rocky...whatever), Tinkerbell and the turtle, star wars hero and fairy...


Two little fairies!  Have I even mentioned that I love being able to have a little girl?


Best pals!


More best pals!


More best pals!


More!


Even more best pals!!!  Too much love in all these pictures!!!!


Nanny came out for the parade!  Or should I say, Jeanie!!


Love these two little spirits.  I will never ever forget the year that Janise and I first too them trick or treating.  It was one of my most fond memories yet of being a mom.  I love watching these two grow up together and delight in the little things that being a kid is all about.  They are spirited, for sure, but boy do they love life and love it well.  Love these two!!!


Lindsay Jane trying out yet another piece of candy.  Yum.


It was so special having my playgroup mommies and kiddies join us again for our neighborhood parade and trick or treating.  We have the BEST neighborhood and the fact that everyone's friends come to join us all is a testament to how great it is.  I cannot believe how big these precious babies are now...wow.


Another delightful moment for me as a mommy, watching Lindsay Jane trick or treat for the first time this year.  She and her little buddy, Rachel, grabbed hands and took trick or treating on by the horns...full on.  It was priceless.  I will always treasure these moments and am so thankful to have been present and truly IN these moments.





One proud little fairy.  :)  One proud little mommy.


We finally arrived home and Baylie told me this was "The best Halloween yet."  Totally topped my day and night off with a big ole' cherry on top.  I love being a mom and planning all of this fun stuff for my kids.  It is just awesome.  And, I think I am just a big kid at heart.




I think Tori and Lindsay Jane had fun too...doesn't Halloween and just kids in general do your heart good?  :)

Hope you enjoyed these treasures of my heart. ;)

No comments: