Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Strawberry Picking, Camping, Playing and the Beach!


Love it, love it, love it!!!  Lindsay Jane's 2nd trip to the strawberry patch was a hit!  Though she was a handful to keep up with, she loved picking...well, eating...the strawberries- as you can tell by this sweet picture.  She would pick one, put it in her bucket, get it out of the bucket, then eat it halfway, put it back in the bucket, then drag her bucket behind her, then step on the berry...this was basically how it went with a 20 month old...what did I expect?  :)  I told the people there they should have weighed her before and after and charged us...









I hope you enjoyed the many faces of Lindsay Jane strawberry picking (and licking) as much as I did!!


Then there was Landon, the "old pro", who bragged to his brother, that this was his 7th time picking...though I did not brave the strawberry patch with my firstborn as young as I have his siblings, I just nodded my head, yes, Landon, you are a great strawberry picker!  Love this little rascal.


We went again with our dear friends, the Smiths!  We had a blast watching our kids run through the strawberry fields together!  I think this makes our 4th trip together?  Such wonderful memories.


 Connor found the "juiciest strawberry".  He was very proud and actually asked me to take his picture.


Landon actually took this shot...very rarely do the moms get to be in the picture, but when the kids get old enough to be careful with the electronics, maybe we can be in pictures again!  :)  What a wonderful memory! What a special special sister.  Love her and her kids.


Then, that afternoon, we headed to Kay's house for a Memorial Day cook out.  Our sweet neighbors and dear friends, the Woodruffs, joined us.  Holt and Stan stayed and camped with the 4 older kids, while Sarah and I took the toddlers home.  Can't see sleeping with Lindsay Jane in a tent quite yet...plus, the date night with sweet Sarah, sitting on my couch with an episode of SNL, wine and girl talk was quite a treat! I digress...


I love these pictures of the boys fishing!  Kay's pond is just beautiful!  I hear that the boys were all successful fishermen- but I am not sure anyone wouldn't be in this stocked pond... :)


Babies in diapers are the cutest thing ever...


Our little nephew, Cole, is the cutest thing ever!!!


Kay borrowed Teresa's Thomas the Train and the girls loved it!


And...Anna and Connor tried out Teresa's see saw!  These two, a week apart, are quite a few more pounds apart!  We had to keep telling Connor to be careful not to thrust sweet Anna into the clouds!


Anna peeking out of their tent!


What a great smile from Cole!  I think he is going to be all over the future camping trips!


I didn't have much time to capture pictures as I was chasing Lindsay Jane around and trying to keep her from running into the pond...but I did get this sweet shot of Sarah and Rachel watching JD fish, with Holt in the background.  What a wonderful relaxing time with dear dear friends.


Three little ones, all lined up for bubble watching!


Aunt Moo had the bubbles and the entertainment down!  Anna and Connor were just thrilled and so were the three babes...just watching made them giggle.


Then, Rachel and Lindsay Jane had to get in on the action!  Moo was happy to oblige!


Nanny always brings out the golf cart!


And these rascals thought they could take it for a spin without the grown ups!


Hot dogs, Hamburgers, chili, beans, chips, cheetos, cut up fruit, strawberry shortcake and the famous MooMoo cookies!  Yummy!


Even the kids were pleased with the menu!


Moo and Cole.  I think Cole is eying Moo's hotdog!


All the men folk were in their element!


Uncle Stan and baby Cole.  So sweet.


Happy baby boy!!!


The hostesses with the mostesses!!!  Kay and Ron were quite the team in keeping all of us crazies fed and in some sort of order!  Thanks a million!


Sweet baby girl smiles started off our holiday Monday.  How can you beat that smile?


Connor and Lindsay Jane decided the baby pool was a good place to get warmed up for the big pool!


Love this sweet boy!


He says..."MOM, I do not want any more pictures!!!!!!"


Happy Memorial Day from this sweet girl!  We had an impromptu Memorial Day dinner over at the Poley's house.  We pooled our dinners together after a split second decision while sitting out watching the kids play and had a wonderful evening hanging out and catching up with our dear friends.  What wonderful neighbors we have!!!!


Lindsay Jane enjoyed the swing!


I got to share my cake! Aren't cakes so much better when you get to share them?  :)


Then, on to Friday...one of my days at home with my youngest two.  We decided to stay home last Friday and it was a treat.  I love this pose of Lindsay Jane's.  Cowgirl boots, diaper, baby carriage...and a lot of sas.


I cannot believe the innate difference between boys and girls.  It just continues to amaze me.


Got this idea off of a link on Facebook.  Look at that face.  The pipe cleaners in the colander...DO keep a toddler busy!


Connor even tried it out!


Proud Lindsay Jane.


My little cooking buddies...


Sampling the chocolate chips was their favorite part!


And...pillow fighting...


And, being rascals...Love the privilege of being their mom.


Last but not least...I got to take Landon to Myrtle Beach for the weekend.  We went to visit our dear friends, the Hills.  It was such a wonderful trip, a needed trip as my sweet Kelly Layne had been on bedrest for the week prior for preterm contractions!  Landon and I couldn't have some at a better time.


Landon and Olivia have always been the best of friends...and this time was no different.  They just pick up right where they left off and I just LOVE that Olivia calls Landon her cousin.  She, at one point, said, "I think I am just going to call Landon my brother, even though I know he is my cousin."  Precious.


Landon loved the splashpad!


Landon is such a fun kid to watch.  He just loves to play. He just enjoys life.


Popsicle time!


Sweet baby girl who we have waited 4 years for!!!!  Can't wait to meet this little love!!


Me and Kel.  What a special special friendship.  I love this girl and all of the wonderful memories we have made together.

One thing I know in this life is that God has truly richly blessed me with the very best of friends.  Can't you tell from this post!!  And, this is just a sampling of all of the great friends I have!

Hope you enjoyed the update!  Sorry it was lengthy, but we have been up to some fun stuff!!!

No comments: