Sunday, June 29, 2014

Surf City 2014: Part One


What a great week we had a Surf City!!  This is one of my favorite pictures of my three munchkins.  I decided to break this up into two parts, maybe three.  These pictures were all taken from my outdoor camera.  You see, Stan has become quite the photographer, and we have to use to old camera for the beach...which is totally responsible and I appreciate that.  I will share my shots from the old camera, that I am very thankful for!!


Day one:  Sunday.  It was Stan's birthday and my favorite day we had at the beach.  Stan took Lindsay Jane out in the raft and they had a great time floating over the waves.  She just loved the water and had absolutely NO fear!


I also really loved watching the boys catch minnows.  Landon was quite the fisherman and was catching those little boogers left and right.  I encouraged Connor to get some lessons from his brother and he said, "Landon is just too quick for me..."  He is right, Landon is one fast little buddy!!!


Brothers.  These two melt my mama heart. Love them!


Minnows beware!


Then Stan took Connor out in the boat!  Connor also really enjoyed this special time with his daddy.  My kids have such a wonderful daddy who we made sure to celebrate on his special day!


Our obligatory beach picture with the best beach toy ever!


Happy little lady.  :)


Landon and Stan got to throw a few in the sand.  What a joy to watch.  Throwing the baseball with his dad was on Landon's top five list for the week!


Lindsay Jane and Connor were checking out the minnows that brother caught. :)  Pure entertainment.


Landon stopped for a pose for dear old mom.  :)  Look how big he is!


Lindsay Jane and her Capri Sun Roaring Waters!  She started the week with Hand Foot and Mouth...boo. But, I was determined to see the silver lining and we were very thankful that if any kid was going to get sick, it was our easiest going.  We kept the Motrin on board and she was an amazing trooper.  She drank a lot of these little juice pouches too, which I was very thankful for in that they kept her hydrated.  It has been a bit of a challenge getting her back to milk and water, however!!!  ;)

The next few pictures are of the boys doing their number one on the favorite list for the week...boogie boarding together!


See that wave...


Let's catch it!


Done!


And...back for more!


Landon loving it!  Pure joy there in that little face!


My pensive Connor.  He had had enough and came in to play in the sand.  This look here is one of the many faces of my Connor, whom I treasure.  He is in deep thought and is probably using his very avid imagination.  I love to watch him think.  I also love the sight of Landon in the background!


I think I love this shot even more though...who wouldn't.  The love of my life with our precious little girl.  He.is.smitten...


Happy Monday from our little Hollywood!!!!


My three little munchkins.


What a true little trooper.  Hand Foot and Mouth, what?  :)  That didn't stop this one!


We did a lot of swimming together as a family.  I was in the ocean more this trip than I had been in years!  It was so much fun to teach Connor to float over the waves and enjoy the ocean with my family.


Here we all are!


"Daddy, Can I help?"


"Daddy, Thanks for making me my own little seat"...a little princess, for sure!


Connor showing off one of the poor little minnows...


And, Landon, back for more boogie boarding!  What a great picture!!!!




My boys just love the surf, just like their mama.


And so does this little gem.


Big Brother Landon making his baby sister giggle. This one warms my mama heart.


Big Brother Connor teaching Lindsay Jane to throw sand...wait, what?


My parents and Kay arrived, Kay on Sunday evening and my parents on Monday afternoon.  I think the two grandmoms got some good relaxing in...and...good conversation. :)


More bonding for LJ and Connor!


More relaxing for Nanny!!  Well deserved!


Pop got started early on the Lewis stories at our afternoon break from the sun!


I am actually not sure what those things in mom and Kay's hands are as I didn't take this picture, but they sure look happy...I would venture to say some type of chocolate?  :)


Back for more beach time.  Did I mention the weather was absolutely perfect?  What a true blessing! Did I mention how much joy these three bring to my life?  I was really blessed to be able to have some time to read a book called, "The Power of a Positive Mom".  It was so truly wonderful and a great reminder of how much I can influence these three precious little beings with my very presence.  I have a great responsibility in raising these three and in being a wife to Stan.  What a blessing it was to reflect on that this week and really gain some new insights.  I will share more of those in one of my next posts. ;)


And, our little third born jokester...


Cheese!


I love this picture.  I love this little buddy of mine.  How truly wonderful it is to be a mom.


See?


Stan and Connor figuring it all out...


Landon joined in on the fun!


I love these types of pictures!!! They are waiting, watching, listening...ready to leap up and conquer that next wave, a feat that is very symbolic of waves that come and go in this life.  What a great picture of just going in with courage and tackling our "waves" head on.


Mid air shots are my fave!


And, a trip to the pier for ice cream!  Do you think these three like ice cream?

This day, we had another visitor, our sweet cousin Zaiya and Tahti!  Zaiya loved loved loved the ocean...as one can very easily tell...







Zaiya also loved seeing this fish.  He could hardly contain himself not to touch the fish.  That is why the fisherman is laughing so hard!  Zaiya kept grabbing the fish and jumping around and it was really hilarious!


Pop and Mommom relaxing at the coast.  Pretty happy mountain folk, I'd say.  :)


Cheese!  Or should I say, "Ice Creeeeeam".


Boogie  boarding lessons from Daddy and Uncle Stan...






What pride.  Don't you love it?


Landon didn't need any coaching... :)





And...Mommom kept Lindsay Jane busy a time or two so Stan and I could play with the boys in the ocean.  What a blessing that was!  I love little miss thing so so much but it is often hard on me to not be able to go out and play with the boys.  I loved being in the ocean with the boys and really have to thank my parents and Kay for letting us get out there with the boys as they enjoyed little Lindsay Jane.  I mean, tough job, right? :)


I love her.


I love watching my kids from the back, just enjoying the view.



Thumbs up mom...


Sweet baby girl, just loving her little pool that daddy dug.




More pool fun!


More ocean fun!  Even Lindsay Jane got to come in!



This was one of the most precious moments from the week.  My sweet Lindsay Jane grabbed Pop's hand and just took him on a walk.  It was totally unprovoked.  It was totally sweet and just a memory that will forever be etched in my mind.  When you watch your little girl grab your dad's hand and take him/trust him like you did as a little girl...there is s part of your heart that melts.


The boys decided to help out!


Cousins.


Big Brother love.  Landon really is a great big brother.  I love this picture.


Cousins!  What a sweet crew!


My three little ones whom I just adore.


Lindsay Jane getting her brothers in line!  Someone has to!


Cousins again...an attempt.  Getting 4 kids to look at the camera at the same time is a little bit of a challenge!



Also on the top 5 list for Landon...getting to throw ball with Pop as well on the beach.  My dad is so thrilled that Landon is loving baseball.  Landon definitely gets it honestly...


Have I mentioned how much I treasure this little one?


Our crew...in the sand pool!  Seemed fitting to get a picture together in the pool, which is an absolutely essential part of any Cole Family Beach Trip!


My loves...a little blurred due to the fog on the camera...but one of my favorites, none the less.


The best parts of me- minus Connor who didn't want to be in the picture, and I let it go.  He was happy as a clam playing in the sand  :)


There is my first installment.  :)  Hope you enjoyed.  I will do our "good camera" shots in another post and hopefully will also be able to share some of the awesome pictures my sister took!  I also have a lot to share from my book and my time in front of the ocean...as a friend of mine calls it, "God's back yard."  I like that.  See you in Surf City 2014: Part Two!

No comments: