Sunday, June 15, 2014

One Day.


One day.  2 moms, 6 kids, 1 mini van, 1 "Frozen" movie, 2 coffees and... 1 thunderstorm.  One day. Countless memories.


Connor and Anna posing for a quick smile.


JD and Landon barely stopping walking to pose for this one...they had an absolute blast in the ocean. A true boys' delight.


Sarah and Rachel.  Sarah mentioned how grateful she was that we did this because it caused her to pause and just enjoy her kids without all the demands at home.  Amen, sister.  Doing life/motherhood with moms like Sarah is such a gift.  Such a gift that she takes time to reflect on the day and the impact it made on both she and her kids.  Awesome because that is exactly why I do some of the crazy things I do.  :)


Anna and Rachel.  Not really sure how Rachel feels about the big sister bear hug...


Delighted Lindsay Jane! Can you stand it?  That smile.  Those eyebrows?  :)


My three monkeys trying to cover themselves in sand.  :)


The littlest of the crew.  Who did GREAT by the way!


Another cheese by Lindsay Jane...


Om-I- Nous!!!!!  Sarah and I decided that if anything had prepared us for having to roll with a few ominous clouds at our day trip to the beach, it was having three kids.  We watched and waited and ended up heading to the car for lunch...Guess what, the storm passed.  We ate our lunch, the kids had a break from the sun and we ended up getting a front and center parking spot!!  Not too bad making lemonade out of a few lemons!!!  ;)



This was taken when we were getting ready to sunscreen up to head back out on the beach after lunch. Crazy crew...


These two were just having the time of their lives.  I loved to watch it.


JD stepped in for a squeeze.  :) Who wouldn't?


Back on the beach!  The much less crowded beach! Here Rachel and Lindsay Jane are passing a "Ribbit" back and forth.  :)


More smiles from Anna and Connor.


And, the infamous big dump trucks!


Truly one of my favorite things to sit and watch...is my little ones playing with these dump trucks.  Best. Toy. Ever.





It was worth including all the shots...just to really capture the craziness, but also the fun these kids had on our day trip.

One really cool thing that happened is that I ran into a couple I used to babysit for when I was in college...and now that little baby boy is heading into his Senior Year of high school!  Oye!  They also have three kids and said that they have been coming to Wrightsville for a day trip for years now as a treat to congratulate the kids on finishing up another school year.  Sarah and I had just talked about making this a tradition for the same reason.  It was really neat to see what fun, even a senior, freshman and middle schooler could still have with the 'rents at the beach...  This sweet couple also really encouraged Sarah and I in our efforts to bring the kids to the beach.  What a blessing.

It was such a great day.  The kids had a blast and will always remember the fun on the beach...and I will always be thankful that Sarah and I took a risk.  It was well worth it.  I will do it again.  :)

Hope you enjoyed.

No comments: