This week we were able to get some relief from our stress by going on a date night! Stan and I and Janise and Derek are trading off keeping each other's children so that one night a month we can have a date night! What a gift to have such special friends who are willing to share childcare with us AND promote growth in our marriage- Thanks be to God!!
On our date night, we went to eat SUSHI!! Yes, SUSHI!! I never thought I would see the day that Stan Cole ate SUSHI! We had really nice time with some of his buddies from work, then went and had coffee, just the two of us and really got a chance to talk. It was what I needed to come down from a really stressful week at work. Thank you Stan!
Another mess of the week was that I got the stomach bug that has been going around. YUCK! I haven't thrown up like that since I was pregnant and didn't mind quite so much since I knew it was for a special cause. This time it was the PITS! But, Stan rallied, kept the boys occupied and I got caught up on cleaning out my inbox- to the tune of about 4,000 emails! Only 3,000 to go which is just embarrassing. But, I have been dealing with raising two little boys, so oh well.
Now on to my little messes of joy...
Some might call me crazy...finger painting in the house with a 4 year old???
And a 1 year old??? Who by the way, already has it in his mouth!!
Landon showing off his skills.
Connor getting the hang of it!
"All done Mommy, and I loved it!!"
Landon was such a big helper to show Connor how to do it. Landon was making a picture for everyone. He didn't want to stop!!
On to bath time we went and the boys really enjoyed laughing and playing together in the water that turned colors because of all the paint. What a joy! What freedom to just let my kids finger paint in the house without becoming a nervous wreck. I had the bathroom all ready, had Connor strapped in and I was ready for anything! I think I am getting a handle on messes.
Another mess of the week was Connor's first taste of a chocolate covered doughnut, a first that our friend Derek was appalled at! He couldn't believe Connor had to wait 15 whole months!! Here Connor is taking his first big bite and really getting a good taste...
"Oh, now this is goooooood!"
"I can't believe how good this is, I love it!!"
So, after a week of messes, I think I have some to a place where I am OK with messes, especially when the messes I get to come home to every night when I am away look like this!!
God really spoke to me in a devotional time today about being present with me always. It was especially awesome in the wake of an emotional week. I am constantly amazed at how God answers prayers. Today he did so directly, leading to me scripture that really spoke to my heart. God did promise that this life would be hard, and it is, but he goes through all of my messes with me. What a gift.
No comments:
Post a Comment