
Happy 1st Birthday Zaiya!! It is so hard to believe my nephew was born a year ago and we celebrated his first birthday. Time sure has flown this past year. We went to Karen and Marc's for a wonderful celebration of Zaiya's first year. He was certainly all smiles, giggles and squeals! I think the most wonderful toy was from his mommy and daddy- a race track with lights and sound. All three boys were mezmorized.

Also a huge hit, Landon and Connor's Nanny sent her famous pot with spoons- awesome for some loud banging and perfect for driving parents crazy! Zaiya went wild, he LOVED this gift!! What 1 year old wouldn't?

We gave him this precious book. It is a story about all the people who love him. It has his name in it with all of our family's names as well with the sweetest little rhyme about how much we all love him. It certainly is a lot of fun to be an Auntie.

Landon and Buzz got some special time with Uncle "Mawk", as usual. Landon just loves Marc, it is so sweet to watch. Marc has a special way with Landon- making him smile and giggle with a simple raising of his eye brows or facial expression. And of course, Marc got cool points for including Buzz.

Zaiya was super excited about his cake ball. Karen's talented friend, Jenny, made cake balls (also the food that Karen ate the evening prior to going into labor!!) and Zaiya got the big one with the candle...

Obviously, he loved it!!! Happy Birthday my sweet nephew. Your Tahti loves you so much!!

Next was our first Superbowl party with the kids. We invited our dear friends, Derek, Janise, Sophia and Emelia over for bread bowl dip (made by Janise- totally divine!!), taco dip, and the above, little bug rolls. I must say, I had a blast making them. Little link turkey sausages, wrapped in bread sticks with pretzels for legs and antennae with mustard and ketchup spotting their little backs. It is the little things some times...these are what lead to the perspective with the parties, as this post is labeled. More later.

The daddies with Landon and Sophia. Stan even said, "That went about as well as it could have gone with 4 kids running around!" You know it was a good party!

Connor got to have his second ice cream cone...always a hit and very hard to get him to look at the camera...he was totally engrossed in his ice cream.

Emelia...not shy at all about how much she loved her ice cream cone!!!

Sophia and Landon, also very pleased with our choice of desserts.

"All done!"

And by far may favorite event of the night...Landon and Emelia dancing with the Black Eyed Peas, Usher and Slash for the halftime show. Landon was seriously copying every move Usher was making. We were laughing histerically!!!

Sophia joined in as well and I think they both got the split down in this picture!!

And, as kids will be kids...they got the tools out and went to work on Stan. Sophia with the chain saw in hand, operating, Civil war style.

What a great evening for me and my girl, Janise with our families. What an amazing gift of supportive friendship during this journey of my life...she helps me so much with perspective.
I am trying so hard to live into the truth of taking one day at a time. I am slowly starting to feel the freedom of letting God guide my steps, one at a time. I have gained a lot in the past couple weeks. Stan is an amazing husband, I have wonderful healthy little boys, priceless friendships and family and the God of the Universe loves little ole' me. My perspective is this...life is good, one day at a time and I am going to live and love right where I am, one day at a time, not missing a moment of this percious time in my life with my little boys.
2 comments:
Love it! Thanks, Tahti! I have to have that pic of us w/his big smile!!! :) Thanks so much for hanging out, we loved it! :)
Great post! We had such a blast and I look forward to making it a yearly tradition! The kids did great and it was such a fun night! Thank you for your hospitality and your wonderful friendship! We love you guys!!!!
Post a Comment