Monday, September 28, 2009

Marbles Kids Museum and Caroline's 3rd Birthday


This is actually one of the better pictures of the two of us that I cannot believe Virginia was able to snap! We went to the Marbles Kids Museum in Raleigh today to meet my dear friend Virginia. We had a blast! Landon was on his very best behavior and really made me so proud. He is even saying, "No Thanks" without prompting, instead of "Nope or NO!". Now, this "No Thanks" extends into his response for not wanting to accept discipline which is always funny.

Me- "Landon, you are going to time out now."
Landon- "No Thanks."

Landon "digging" vegetables up in the garden. He especially loved putting them in the grocery cart and then slinging it in the floor with plastic food just a flying!

Landon figuring out how to make the fish fly down into the water. He was hilarious! I don't think this was the intent of the water table, but her sure had fun!

Landon with his magnifying glass on the search for bugs...He actually ended up putting two of his cars he brought with him underneath the magnifying glass and was much more impressed with the cars than the ladybug!

Landon showing Virginia the fish- there was a Nemo, Marlin, Dorry, Bubbles...He could not have been more excited to show off his knowledge of all his fish friends with his good buddy Virginia.

Virginia was such a trooper. She climbed in the pirate ship with Landon, helped him when he would be able to see better if lifted up and basically was my third and fourth hands! She has 4 girls who are each and every one- wonderful- she would be a great boy mom too. Watching her explore with Landon was a treat. She is not only an outstanding and treasured friend, but one of the moms I most look up to. Love you Virg!
Speaking of treasured friends...Landon got to go to Caroline's 3rd Birthday over the weekend. He and I drove down on Saturday and came back that night in probably the 2nd worst driving conditions I have ever driven. I was praying the whole way home and you better believe when we pulled into our garage, I had Landon pray with me, thanking God for our safety.

Anywhooooo- the party was a blast and here are some fun pictures I captured. Allison did a fantastic job decorating and putting on a full throttle princess party. I am sure she was meant to be a girl mom...I am not so sure I would have gone to as many stores as she did in search of the perfect princess outfit for Caroline to wear at her party. :)

Pre-party giggles...

These two know how to have fun together- it is such a joy to watch!

Allison did have "Prince" crowns too, as not to leave out the little fellas!

And, last but not least, a very pregnant mommy with Landon's little brother! :) Hope you feel caught up now! :)

1 comment:

gina said...

What a great post! You are really getting all kinds of fun things in before this baby gets here, aren't you? I have a nephew who went through a "no thanks" stage. Once, when he was in the car with his mom, he asked her about all the gravestones as they drove by a cemetery. As she explained that we can go and live with Jesus one day, he said, "No thanks, mom. I want to stay at my home." It has become a family saying.