Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Proud

I couldn't leave my BLOG as I last posted...but thanks to all of you who have prayed and offered words of support. I appreciate it a great deal!
The title of this post is the truth. Landon had a great day of accomplishments today!

He slept through the night! Because he did this, he received his "Brown Tomater", one of the characters from the Cars movie. We have been promising this to him if he would sleep through the night as an incentive and it FINALLY worked. He has a sticker chart full of one sticker a day for his nap (which is great, I am not complaining), but couldn't seem to get two stickers to get one of his cars until today! It has been three weeks since we started the sticker chart, so I will let you know if the success continues. I am very proud of this major accomplishment!

He also went and got his hair cut today by CiCi. She is a wonderful hairdresser at Fantastic Sams and Landon absolutely loves going to see her- I think she enjoys it equally as much! You can see how happy he is, esp. with his lollipop she gives him. He has loved getting his hair cut from the first time he had it done. I am very proud of the way he sits in the chair like a big boy!

Landon also voluntarily sat on the potty and tried to poop today! We were talking about it and next thing I knew he had taken his pants down and was trying to put the potty seat on the potty so "he could get his "DJ"" (another Cars character) for pooping in the potty. I was amazed. I gave him his privacy and told him to tell me when he was done. He sat on the potty and called me - no poop in the potty, but I am so proud of him for trying!

So, such is the nature of the 2 year old. I am glad I am celebrating a day of accomplishments and compliance today. He truly is such a blessing. I would have him no other way.






Finished product. Happy little fella. Happy and proud mommy.