Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Catching Up and Progress

Landon got to spend some great quality time with my cousins, I guess that makes then his 2nd or 3rd cousins or something...anyway...Colin and Jill came over on Sunday for a Jones family get together and I snagged this picture when I found the three of them in Landon's room with Jill reading a book and Landon snuggled up with Colin. Colin had already come downstairs twice with specific tasks to get Raffie, Bunny and Sting Ray and some Juice for Landon- my little guy knows what he wants and how to get it! It was so sweet how Jill and Colin really loved up on Landon and he ate up every bit of it!

Landon also made the connection that "Uncle Fred" had the same name as his truck "Fred" and proceeded to show my Uncle Fred all of his cars. He had the most adorable look on his face when he held the truck, Fred, in his hand, slyly waltzed over to Uncle Fred and held up the truck to match Fred with Fred. How sweet.

Aunt Vivian made quite and impression when she surprised Landon with "Red", the firetruck from Cars that I had promised to Landon if he pooped in the potty! She also was a great snuggle buddy as evidenced by this picture! (And yes, if you are wondering if that is a pacifier in his mouth, it is. He still has it for naps and bedtime. The last baby thing to go. We have made so many transitions this summer, and he and the rest of us did not sleep for 6 weeks straight when we attempted to get rid of it, that I decided it wasn't worth it at this point. He is almost there and I am working on a good way to do it this time. I am thinking about Build a Bear as my dear friend Leigh suggested where Landon would put his paci in the belly of the bear and keep the bear.) Certainly not something I thought I would still be dealing with.
Last but not least...speaking of big boy things...Landon is definitely Pee-pee potty trained and has started regularly sitting on the potty to try to poop- and is happy about it! I did have to change the reward now that he has "Red", but thankfully my mother in law found two cars he had been wanting at a yard sale for 2.50! Thanks Kay! He sat three times today after he learned of the new incentives!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big he's getting! I wouldn't worry at all about the paci - pick your battles, right? We're working on ours! Thanks for all of the great advice and reading list ;). You're such a great mom and I know number 2 will be just as cute.