Monday, August 24, 2009

"Babymoon"

Stan and I got away this weekend for a little "Babymoon". Hard to believe my due date is 2 months away! We went to Fort Lewis Lodge in Virginia, a quiet Bed and Breakfast get away without televisions, telephone service, disctractions from daily life. Plus, the food there was delicious- a southern delicacy. I think my favorite dish was the fresh stewed tomatoes and barbecue ribs...yummy! I know the little fella growing inside me loved it too. He couldn't stop doing summersaults all weekend! :) Don't worry, that didn't prevent me from sleeping in until 8:30 two days in a row and having 2 naps on Saturday!!

We did manage to get some exercise and went on a hike and saw this view of the old farmhouse that has been transformed into this Bed and Breakfast. It was a little slice of heaven for sure.


Mommom kept Landon for us and they had a blast. If I have learned anything, I have learned that keeping your marriage strong, communication open and also allowing extended family the blessing of participating in your children's lives are top priorities. If you haven't gotten away lately with your spouse, I highly recommend it. It is well worth it.

1 comment:

Anna Bowland said...

Awesome! Glad you guys had such a great time :)