Monday, March 2, 2009

Toddlerwise?


I love this little face. BUT
Today was one of those days...

I love being a mom...

Landon tried me today.

I will share...

Woke up this morning whiny. Ate 1/2 pancake, 1 bite orange, 1 bite egg, sips of milk- then "ALL DONE!"

Whined.

Whined.

Had to have some "quite time" in his crib he was so whiny (I had given him Motrin for the potential of 2 year old molar teething pain, he had been offered food and I had played trains with him and let him watch 30 minutes of Nemo).

My neighbor called and invited us outside to play in the snow! Highlight!

Went outside. Landon brought his BIG TRUCK, but wanted to bring his Lightning McQueen and Ferrari and when I would not let him (I didn't want them to get lost), he pitched a fit and ended up in time out.

Landon was distracted outside but obviously still thinking about his McQueen and Ferrari that I did not let him bring outside.


Came in and he actually ate a good lunch and took a decent nap (2 hours). Mommy slept too- boy did I need it.

Woke up coughing, coughing, coughing. Had to get additional breathing treatment today. I am feeling guilty b/c my kid has asthma and maybe his ill attitude has something to do with him not being able to breath as well. We played trains and watched more Nemo as he got his breathing treatment.

Made cookies. My effort to make peace and move on.

Took cookies to our neighbor, Sarah, for her birthday and ended up staying to play with Landon's buddy J.D.

Came home. My wonderful husband had cooked dinner just as I had asked and had it waiting for us. A life saver today.

Landon cried through dinner. Threw chicken, cheese, mandarin oranges in the floor. Had time out in his crib.

Wined.

After bedtime routine and he peed in the potty, he promptly spit his paci in the potty.

Went to bed without paci b/c I refuse to sterilize that one paci and give it to him after it falling in the potty. Gross.

Screamed for "Wahhh" which is what he calls paci.

Mommy went up, rocked him, counted sheep, laid 4 requested covers on him and he is now quiet.

It is time to watch the Bachelor Finale in my bed with hot chocolate, my warm covers, ready to sleep immediately following the silly mindless show.

Has anyone else had a day like this or am I needing to pray for more patience (well, I need to pray for that anyway...).

Maybe tomorrow will bring more fun like this picture shows, which is how I will end this post.


P.S. He just woke up and is crying again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is just called "having children." I think Jack has hit the terrible 2's at 16 months. We're already trying timeout which is pretty useless because he thinks its funny...what do you do??? AHH! I'll be praying for patience for both of us.

Dawn said...

Oh do I know this feeling. The whinning drives me absolutely bonkers! Bella will have days like this and just have to bite my tongue and take lots of deep breaths to make it through the day without losing it. I feel like Bella gets into these moods from time to time for no known reason. I guess it's just part of growing up. Hope you have a brighter day today. Hang in there friend.