Thursday, March 12, 2009

Landon's Loves "Tahti", Sweets and Sunshine

So, this was Karen's ("Tahti's") birthday cake...or so she thought! Landon blew out her candles for her and proceeded to lick the green and pink icing off with his fingers. As you can tell Karen had quiet a lot of fun taunting him by pulling the cake away.

I guess I should have known he would have a sweet tooth just like me. I have to hide cookies in this house already b/c he would much rather eat a cookie or a "snack" instead of a meal. What can I say, I think I had a glass of chocolate milk every night I was pregnant with him- not to mention the cream filled donuts I treated myself with. And I wondered why I gained so much weight!!


We had a great weekend. The weather was just beautiful! It was in the 80's all weekend long. Saturday was absolutely a storybook family day in my opinion. We slept in (as only parents of toddlers understand- this means sleeping until 7:00am). We had a slow morning and I got to enjoy a run outside while Stan and Landon had breakfast cooking. Stan and Landon started playing outside and I joined them. Then we went to Home Depot together, shopped for flowers and shrubs, had hot dogs from the hot dog stand and sat on the bench together and ate those and cheese puffs and grapes- a favorite meal for Landon! Then we went to Kohl's and I got Landon the cutest little plaid overalls. We came home and Landon napped while Stan and I planted the flowers and shrubs we bought. Then Landon woke up, we played outside more and then went as a family to our neighbor's house for her birthday. We put Landon to bed after reading books and Stan and I settled in for a movie. How about that as a snapshot into our lives.



2 comments:

Anna Bowland said...

Sounds like a great day! Landon sure did come by the sweet tooth honestly :)

Dawn said...

A perfect Carolina weekend for sure. We were wearing ear muffs on Friday in the city, so really enjoy that weather!