Sunday, February 22, 2009

My "Big Boy"



I tried to post a video of Landon telling me that he is no longer my baby, but my "Big Bow". (I think I got frustrated after the upload was at 1 hour- any pointers?) This picture will have to do... He just started saying he was not mommy's baby anymore last week and it almost made me cry. It is great that he is thinking of himself as a Big Boy because here is what he is up to!



  • He is almost completely potty trained to pee-pee (not a chance with poop yet)


  • He is taking his asthma treatment twice daily with little to no fight


  • He spent the night with "Nanny and Pappa" last weekend and "Mom-mom and Pop" this weekend- all by himself- and slept through the night both times!


  • He requires a pillow to sleep now


  • He has passed the world of board books, meaning we can read Dr. Seuss without him ripping the pages!!


  • He loves school and gets great reports from his teachers- my favorite is that they all think he is hilarious! There is usually a comment about "He made us laugh or He is so funny"- what a great complement for a parent to hear that about your child. :)


  • He really only talks about his girlfriends, "E-Ah" (Sophia), "Meegan" (Megan), "Emma", "Baylie" and recently "Eme" (Emelia- my dear friend Janise's 1 week old [Welcome little Emelia Helen!]- I guess Janise better watch out, Landon already has his eye on her!).


  • He walks into childcare situations and says, "Bye-Bye". (Dry my eye...)


  • All this being said, we have yet to break him from the pacifier (I know I am a wimp). I think we are planning a trip to "Build a Bear" and put the paci in the bear's tummy (Thanks Leigh for this idea). And, as cute and adorable as the 2 year old in this picture is, it was captured right before my "Big Boy" pooped in the tub... Did NOT see that coming. Ahh, Motherhood.

    3 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    He is such a cutie...We did the paci thing this week and it really wasn't that bad. We decided to do it before our next bundle show up in Sept :). Jack cried a little before bed but then he was fine. They'll surprise you sometimes! Good luck!

    Dawn said...

    Yes, I think you'll be surprised how well he'll do without the paci. Bella gave hers to a baby one day and that was it. She never asked for it again.

    Your sweet little guy is growing up so quickly. Seems like you are enjoying every bit of it, though. Cherish this time always.

    askewheels said...

    Love this post, love it. Natalie was 2 1/2 before she put the passies in the bear!