Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What I came home to...

The ONLY way this would be posted on my BLOG was from the back. I came home this past weekend after daddy had watched Landon all weekend to find him dressed in this hideousness. All I can say is we will let him choose, and clearly he will chose the more superior of ACC teams, esp. once basketball season starts. He is half Stan but that doesn't mean he has to be even half a State fan!! I am presently working on, "You say TAR and I say HEELS" with Landon. Hopefully I will have a video clip soon...

So, the reason I was away this weekend was because of a tragedy that I need prayers for. Most all of you reading know my sweet sweet Heather who went to grad school with me and very quickly became a kindered spirit of a friend to me, more like a sister -and her whole family, another family to me. Her father died this past week. Please pray for the whole family (Heather, her two sisters, brother and her mother esp.) and for God's peace to sustain them during this very difficult time. I am so very sad but I know that God is bigger than this sadness.

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed on our body." 2 Corinthians 4:8-10

1 comment:

Dawn said...

We have the same State-Carolina rivalry in our house. I have gotten Bella trained to say "Go Tarheels" and it is too cute. I can't help but to try to sway her towards the Carolina blue.