Yuck! We have been so sad this week! Landon has had Hand, Foot and Mouth- a virus that causes high fevers and sometimes really bad mouth sores- which he got and got badly. He refused to drink for about 24 hours and I was only able to get sips in him. Finally, we got some rectal Tylenol (after realizing that the 1/4th the priced children's motrin was just not the same as the pricey infants taste wise) and Pedialyte Popsicles and lots of prayers and he started drinking again. I had no idea just how nasty that virus really is!
He hasn't been sleeping, so neither have we and now I am trying to catch up on a week's worth of emails, plans, and try to fit in how we will manage our plans for the weekend that include going out of town for my cousin, Greg's wedding. We will figure it all out, keeping Landon first. I know we will do all that we can and some bit of distraction will probably do him some good.
Just a tip, have some rectal Tylenol handy- it is over the counter and though they hate it, it is the lesser of two evils when battling oral ulcers. :) From a mom and PNP who knows!
4 comments:
How completely pitiful. I'm so glad that your little guy is starting to feel better. That sounds like a rough couple of days for all of you.
Hope he's feeling better soon and that both of you get some much needed sleep.
My prayers are with you, my friend.
YUCK! Poor kid. I didn't even know that rectal Tylenol existed...learn something new everyday!
I am so sorry! That sounds terrible for everyone. I hope that you guys all catch-up on some much needed sleep soon. You are a wonderful mom!
I am so sorry to hear that Landon hasnt been feeling well. We missed seeing you on Sunday, but completely understand. If you need anything, just call!!!!
We love you all!
Post a Comment