Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Popsicles and Rain
I wish I had a camera today during these moments, but sometimes memories cannot truly be captured to the extent they are enjoyed by film. Today Landon and I shared popsicles while we watched the rain. We sat in blue chairs donated from my mom's school at the edge of the garage while it poured. He has a strawberry popsicle and I had a mixed berry. He continually needed help in pushing his popsicle down so that the wrapper wasn't covering the actual pop. He has the biggest grin on his face as he licked the popsicle and did the "Brrrr" noise for "cold". I told him all about the rain and we talked about the different between thunder, trucks and airplanes- since they all sound the same to a 20 month old. This memory is etched in my mind forever. What a sweet moment to share with my little buddy. I never imagined I could love as much as I love him. Makes me really think about the extent of God's love for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No truer words can be said...Isn't it crazy how much you love these little people that God has entrusted to you! He must have a lot more confidence in me than I do in myself.
Don't you just love those moments of unexpected, simple connectedness with your child? It's an unimaginable gift that only parents get the chance to enjoy. I love how you are cherishing the blessing that God has given you. I feel the same way.
Post a Comment