Friday, August 26, 2016

Fun Summer 2016: Part 3 - More Fun with Friends



What a fun summer it was with so so many of our sweet friends! The above picture is just one of the many totally giggle-filled, silly, crazy, just plain kid fun time we shared...


Love these three! Friends since they were babies!


We have had such super use out of this pool I got at Walmart. Usually, a Target shopper, I preferred this pool this year...and...it wins! It lasted all summer long without getting a hole in it! We have used the Target pools for years and they BUST! Score 1 for Walmart...


Lindsay Jane loved teaching Zachary how to maneuver the slip n slide. A little mama/leader, for sure.



Looks like her instructions were spot on...

Next stop...water hop scotch!!!


Look at that sweetie, smiling as I was trying to grab his picture!



Landon, competitive in all things...had even the hopscotch down to a science by hop 1.


Emmie with her concentration face on...


Tongue out fun!!!


Go Sophia!


Go Connor!Nice airborne shot, mom!!



More pool fun!



More crazy...



And...a surprise delicious lunch, prepared and brought over by the lovely, Stephanie Poley, my dear dear neighbor, who happened to be working from home...and totally spoiled Janise and I...


This picture was Ryan and I's "before" picture...You will have to read the whole blog to see what was "after"....yes, that was a teaser...


Such a gift to be able to celebrate Janise and her sweet 4th baby coming any day now! The playgroup moms gathered at the Carolina Inn and showered Janise and baby Smith with yummy tea, finger sandwiches, desserts, cake and sweet little girl gifts...what a treat.


We put her in charge of picking the delicious teas off the menu...


Dainty Stacey got her famous hot chocolate...



What a lovely group of ladies! Janise's mother and mother-in-law joined us for a delightful time of fellowship and celebration of the 20th baby of our group!!!







Little girl clothes are the absolute sweetest...


The Carolina Inn has so many lovely touches...love this presentation...


We also got Janise a framed print of her newest baby's name...once they decide, she can order it and place it in this frame. We have found this lovely spot on the Internet (Farmhousefive.com) that prepares beautiful prints with names of babies and scripture or saying with sweet sweet graphics to go along. They are real treasures.



Me and sweet Janise with baby number 4!!! Love this lady and cannot wait to hold this baby girl!



Janise and her very special mama. Helen is one of a kind and we are all so glad she is here to be able to celebrate with us in times like these! What a wonderful wonderful day we had!!!


And...now for the "after"....


What? We are going to see Maks and Val from Dancing with the Stars??? What!??


We could literally not stop smiling...


Look at this beauty!


And, it was really important that I showed a little sas that night...


Another selfie...of course!


Ryan had a few nerves...because...


Um...this happened...


And then....this.

Y'all. For real. I am still star struck looking at these pictures. I giggle every time I see them and cannot believe we got to meet Maks and Val!!!  They were honestly SO nice and Ryan and I were like a couple school girls. Giddy, silly and just really star struck. We.had.a.blast!!!!!!!!! One of the best nights everrrrrr.


We had to then go buy fan shirts. First time I had ever done that...and we plan to wear them when we run our half marathon in October...



Stage and seat selfies! We had a blast. What a sweet sweet friend this girl is. The giggling, silliness and plan fun I was referring to with the kids, definitely happens with this girl for me!!!

Next stop...Jordan lake with the Smiths!!!


Sweet Sophia in her element...


Caught by a mom with a camera...a dangerous thing...


Sweet smiles.



More sweet smiles!!


Check out that beautiful sky! Wish my kids could have mustered a genuine smile, but alas...they were tired of me clicking...


We hated that Landon had to miss, but we were so thankful to have our annual lake day with the Smiths before school started again!


I love these two little ones! I had a lot of fun swimming out to the yellow line with Connor, who has taken off on his swimming this year! I am so proud of him!


Dump truck water fun??


A little sibling love...


And a determined little boy!




Sweet Connor and Emelia were little fish all day long! Synchronized swimming future?


I could not get over how beautiful the sky was! Look at those clouds!


LJ really enjoyed her time just floating...


Emelia standing on the yellow line, a favorite activity for the day.


Me and Janise. What a great relaxing day we had! Sometimes life with kids is crazy, but this day...was not. We laughed, giggled, cried a little, encouraged, figured everything out for the day...until tomorrow. Love doing motherhood with this sweet friend! What a treasure of a day and friend!







Speaking of treasured friends...we got to spend a lot of time with Katie and Nathaniel this summer!!



Porter joined in the fun too and we had a blast of a day at the pool...many times!!


And...next stop...our annual beach trip with the Woodruffs!!! LJ says, thumbs up!


Sweet Anna.




Oh the joys of endless hours spent exploring the beach...


Cuties...




Buddies...


My buddy!


We even let the boys play Pokemon Go...they were thrilled...



My sweet big boy.


My sweet middle child, who is just such a joy!














Watching these two was so very entertaining...



These two retreated to the shade and used their gifts of being creative middle children to build quite a castle!



Goonies!!


Sweet cheese for mom.



And, yea, we totally let our kids play in the ocean after we saw a shark...don't judge.



Our view, while we sat, we laughed, we joined in the sisterhood of motherhood together.


Me and Sarah with our annual treat of homemade pimento cheese...the beach, this girl, all 6 kids...blessed. How in the world did we get such terrific friends? No doubt...God. How very blessed we are!

No comments: