Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Fun Summer 2016: Part 1


As I mentioned in my last post, I am a bit behind on my blogging here...but I am committed to catching up! I had to share the sweetness of this trip! My mom, Lindsay Jane and I made a trip to Maryland in early June to spend the weekend with sweet GiGi and Tamara. We had such a nice and connecting time. What a treasure these little ones have in a cousin the same age. :)


Two little peas in a pod, they had to wear their matching pajamas, despite the temperature being in the mid 80s at the least. Lindsay Jane insisted on bringing these hot pajamas because she knew that GiGi had a matching pair.


The girls got lots of sweet snuggles and bedtime stories from Mommom.


They did lots of crafts. No crazy boys around made for a lot more time to be girly...


And someone was excited about swimming!!! Don't you want to squeeze her????



We stopped for a short picnic that coincided nicely with adult swim time.


And I got a cuddle...never something I mind!



More pool fun beckoned us all back into the pool rather quickly!




The joy in these little faces always provides good food my soul needs. :)


And...let's be honest parents...most of the time that kind of joyful play is accompanied by the wearing out of the little energizer bunnies we chase! She practically fell asleep on Mommom walking back to the townhouse. :)



Next stop...blue crabs...at Pope's Creek's finest, Captain Billy's...


Lindsay Jane was just not feelin' the blue crab...


Um...GiGi, on the other hand...could barely contain her excitement!




While we waited for the crab that would please Mommom and GiGi the mostest, Mommom made sure to snuggle up to LJ, whispering the goodness of blue crabs into her ear...



GiGi needed no convincing...


We all spent most of our tie crab picking for GiGi...but wouldn't you?


Here's a picture of all of us girls...such a lovely time we had. With my brother being deployed for a large part of the year, it was good to be able to connect with my sister in law and niece. Not only does it make me feel closer to my brother, but I value deeply the special time with GiGi and Tamara. Time deepens relationships and what a blessing that is in life...



The goods...


After we ate, we went out to the Bay. It was beautiful. It was such a joy to be able to go from one coast to the other in a week's time. Our great country is so very beautiful, atop of this expanse of water that just extends and extends...so vast, so wide...I just love BIG water.




Though it was cloudy, it was still lovely.





The girls got a little more energy out, making friends along the way...


Then, they stopped to play, something...that kept them entertained...


Lindsay Jane made special friends with Mia the cat..not an easy feat...I hear, but Mia sure was sweet with LJ. Of course, we are cat people (I guess that means we are crazy)...


 Meanwhile...at home...Lindsay Jane requested that Stan convert her crib to a "big girl bed". I had no time to prepare...and by prepare I mean cry...as that crib had been up in our home for 10 years...the truth is though, that each stage brings my heart joy, I just have to accept and embrace the grey hair and combat sas from the kids as it comes...




I didn't even have a chance to order cute bedding in time! So, we got on Amazon and took care of that with a complete set of princess sheets and a comforter.

I'd say Lindsay Jane had a great weekend...and so did I.

Hope you enjoyed!

No comments: