Today Connor, Lindsay and I had our friend, Emelia over to play. What do you do with a 4 month old and two 3 year olds???? You keep the 3 year olds busy. :) So, I asked them what kind of cookies they would like to make...and in typical 3 year old style, they replied, "Christmas and Pumpkin"!!!!
So, I set out to see how to make this happen...while I let them color some cookie boxes with Valentine themes...from the dollar store bins at Target (love).
Busy at work. They were overheard talking about staying in the lines, about how they listen to other grown ups but not their parents (YES!!! YOU READ THAT RIGHT) and about whether or not each of them were "he's" or "she's". I love listening to 3 year old logic.
Ready to bake!
And, always a favorite...licking the spoon. I mean, what kind of mom would I be if I didn't let them lick the spoon?
Our pumpkin cookies on my new Silpat...LOVE! These cookies turned out perfect! No more burnt bottoms! It is amazing! I am so excited to be back in the cookie making business!
Lindsay Jane was happy in her bouncer (see back of picture), Emelia and Connor were happy making Valentine picture frames and I finished baking with my beloved Silpat.
A fun time was had by all...and I got to french braid Emelia's hair...preview of my life with a little girl! :)
1 comment:
You are awesome! The best mom ever... glad my Emelia gets some of that awesome mom love and creativity! Love you!!!
Post a Comment