I find that when I am having one of those mommy days...you all know what I am talking about...that is does my heart and soul good to do some positive reflecting...so, while we are in the "month of love", why not reflect on the love I have for my babies...instead of how stinkin' tired I am. :)
This year was the first year that Landon made his own Valentines. I tell you, this is one of the sweet moments I have dreamed of as a mom. It made my heart so happy to see him making his own cards and he was so very focused...a very wonderful thing for a 6 year old impulsive little boy.
Landon worked hard for at least an hour. So proud!
I think here Connor was working on Miss Kim's card. :)
Lindsay entertained us with her sweetheart of a smile. :)
And, once again, thanks to my new Silpat...I am back in the cookie making business. I decided to make sugar cookies since they will no longer frustrate the tar out of me by always burning on the bottoms! Here they are prior to our decorating with all of the Valentine paraphernalia in the background.
Connor loved licking the batter, of course.
And decorating his cookies even more.
Connor also got to make his own Valentine's, Spiderman of course...he was caught with his friend, Kaeden, as both of them hid in the playroom and ate their lollipops at about 10:00 in the morning!! Oh well, what did I expect letting a 3 year old give his 2 year old friend a Valentine with a sucker in it...not to eat it?
Time to celebrate Valentine's Day with the family!
Connor got a ball and modeling clay from Pop and Mommom!
Landon was giving me a sweet smile after opening his Angry Birds Space t-shirt that Stan and I gave him for Valentine's Day. :)
Now, Daddy's turn...
Not often, do I surprise Stan...look at his reaction!
Landon helped with this surprise...a biggie!!!!!!!!!
Meet "Shadow"...
AND "Midnight", Stan's Valentine's Day gifts!
For those of you who think I am crazy...I am. However, these two cats were rescues. They came "ready out of the box". They came spayed, neutered, people friendly, house friendly and just plan FRIENDLY! They have already been such a sweet addition to our family.
Yep, mom had a little fun with a photo shoot of my little dream...
No sugar cookie went un-decorated!!! We decided to make more after actual Valentine's Day and are still enjoying them (well, the boys are, I gave up sweets for Lent!).
Landon, hard at work, enjoying his food craft as always.
I am so in love with these precious little boys! What fun they are and what a blessing it is to be their mom.
And, I can't forget to mention this cutie pie!
So, on a day where there was maybe a 10 minute nap overlap, a potty training accident (#2) in big boy underwear, a fussy little girl (yes, she can be fussy at times!), a 2.5 hour school delay causing a crazed morning for mommy, an under-baked loaf of bread found 2 hours before playgroup that was to be our morning snack (I ended up making 4 loaves of friendship bread as a replacement- crazy me!), a tired and aching back, a broken heating compressor unit discovered this morning and various and asundry other items that occur in a blessed busy household with 5 people and 2 cats...I am choosing to focus on these whom I love. Boy, it makes me feel better already!
No comments:
Post a Comment