Friday, January 25, 2013

Ice Day Fun

We had a great winter's day, spent cuddling, playing with our playgroup friends and each other, baking, sipping hot chocolate, reading and ending with family game night.  Here are some pictures I managed to sneak in along the way...


Connor still wants to hold Lindsay.  She is getting more and more brave...


 And a little "rascally"- look at that face!!


Landon came home from school early and snuggled on the couch watching Ningago while I actually got a work out in because Lindsay and Connor simultaneously napped!!  What?!


Then, Landon and I set off to do our very favorite thing together.  Baking.  :)


Mixing the dry ingredients...


Posing with the three balls of dough before adding food coloring...


Getting his hands all in the food coloring!  You think he liked it??


While we had to wait 2 hours for the cookie mix to chill, Lindsay and Landon bonded as well.  Look at her little face.  I think she already knows she has her brothers wrapped around her finger...


We decided to wake Connor from his nap and the boys enjoyed hot chocolate with peppermint marshmallows!


Landon let Connor help make the cookies...


A very proud young baker!


Cookie making is serious business here at the Cole Household!




Landon lined up his cookies on my new Silpat.  I am ecstatic about how evenly cooked these cookies were! They were delicious and really pleased the boys and me.  We enjoyed these Fun Cookie Suckers on this icy North Carolina winter day!

We ended the day playing the game Mousetrap as a family.  All five of us cuddled by the fire together.  It may be cold outside, but my heart is very warm.  :)

No comments: