Saturday, April 30, 2011

My idea of a perfect morning...

This morning was just perfect. We have the privilege of keeping Emelia this weekend which has proven to be quite an extended play date for my two boys. It is so funny how close they all are in size which explains why I have been asked all morning if I have triplets!!! Crazy!

We decided to take a jog up to the Dunkin' Donuts near our house. We had some excited little people, as you can tell!! Getting the day started with a jog always pleases me! You can tell Stan was equally as excited...

When we got to Dunkin' Donuts there was a really long line...so we sampled their frozen juice which was the perfect treat to tide us all over while we waited for our donuts!

A patient little girl, finally, Emmie has her donut! Hooray!

Connor was quite pleased with his as well!

And, my little sweet tooth was pretty much in heaven.
I had to take the opportunity to snap this shot. What a wonderful bond these two have. What a wonderful daddy my Stan is.

Next stop was the park. The kids had a blast in the sandbox and made me several cakes. They really shared so nicely and Stan and I sat back and watched as they played.

Landon was showing off his "big boy" climbing skills.

Connor was so pleased with the frog mold and the Elmo shovel. He kept repeating Ribbit, Ribbit, Elmo! Elmo!

Then, we spotted Lewis, the squirrel. If you know anything about my dad and Landon, they have a whole make believe world made up about a squirrel named Lewis. Well, every single squirrel Landon sees is named Lewis (or Bob or Fred, Lewis's two best friends). As you can see, this "Lewis" was very friendly. He even climbed in our stroller basket while we were on the other side of the playground! Here Stan and Landon were feeding him out left over donut.

I love the look of delight on Landon's face and that of determination on Stan's.

Then Connor came over and had to see this "MOUSE" as he calls squirrels. As you can see, even my "bull in the China shop" Connor, did not phase this squirrel.

Here he is up close and personal, Lewis the squirrel.

Next stop was our house for a little free play before lunch. I adore this picture.

The kids had some water play...balloons and all, and then ate a great lunch and both Connor and Emelia are still asleep as I type.

A fun morning of course, preceded by a fun evening, here are Landon and Emelia in Stan's shoes.

I simply adore my kids and my friends' kids as well. What a wonderful gift. Enjoy!

No comments: