
This Mother's Day was a bit crazy as Stan and I were both under the weather...and Stan much more so than I. Let's just say, I mentioned to Stan that a "do-over" would be nice this weekend. He was such a trooper and fully agreed. :)

We did make the most of the day and were able to see both of our moms!! My mom came into town and we went out for brunch with Karen, Marc and Zaiya at Ruby Tuesdays. Let me tell you, if you have never had their brunch....you have to try it!! Homemade biscuits, omelets, yogurt parfait with granola in a martini glass, coffee, OJ...it was heavenly. What a wonderful treat not to have to cook and clean and enjoy a delicious meal!
My mom was a sweetheart and let me take a nap while she and my "non-napper" Landon went on a walk. They had a great time together- as if you couldn't tell by the picture. :)

Then, we headed to Kay's house. Here Moo and B are helping out Connor who was adamant about getting on this little big wheel. They are SO great with the kids and it is just a joy to watch them grow in their relationships with their nephews.

See what I mean?

Nanny was all play as usual. She pulled out all the stops and got out this complete garage and racetrack set she found at a yard sale for Landon. He was as happy as a Lark.

Here is a shot of Stan and I. It is hard to believe we have been together over 11 years now, married for almost 9. What a gift it is to have such a loving and giving husband. Days like Mother's Day really make me reflect on the gift it is to be a mother- and for my kids to have the daddy they do.

And, not to be forgotten, Connor pulled a picture off of the end table of Kay and L.D. He was calling out "Nanny, Nanny" and pointed to the picture of L.D. for Kay to tell him who that was. This is the picture of Kay telling Connor about his Pappa. Connor promptly starting saying, "Pappa, Pappa". I am sure L.D. was smiling down on us all.

Here is Anna, performing the "true test of a Cole" on Landon. She starts at the ankle, walks up to the thigh...you have to be able to make it all the way to the top without giggling...I guess you can see how much fun we had with this game.

Here are my little joys. A little popsicle break before swim class. Landon is in swimming lessons and Connor and I swim in the pool at the same time Landon's lessons are going on. Everyone has always told me that 4 is a good age to start swimming lessons and I have to agree. We are taking them at the YMCA downtown (which by the way has been great!) and Landon is really catching on....minus the fact that one of his classmates pushed him in the water tonight!!!! GRRRR, says momma bear! But, the swim teacher got him out and Landon brushed it off with a smile after mommy came over and gave him a little squeeze.

And...Connor's big news...tonight was his first night without his pacifier. I must admit, it is a hard thing to give up for me as well. It is like his last real little baby item...but I SO enjoyed rocking him to sleep. Gone will be the days I am able to rock him to sleep, way too soon, so I am treasuring each of these precious times with him.
I am so in love with my little boys. It is such a gift to be a mother and to be given the privilege of raising two boys. I have picked up James Dobson's "Bringing Up Boys" again and am delighting reading about the insight he gives to this task, esp. from a Christian standpoint. I am in awe that God would choose me to raise two boys and I humbly pray each night that I would please God and do my very best to raise them to be strong men of God. Oh, what an awesome responsibility!!
1 comment:
I so much love the one of them sitting in the trucks together - I gotta have it!!! Love you! Also love the pic of you and Stan! :)
Post a Comment