Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sweet Surprises

We finally made it back to the airport this week. Landon, Connor and I headed to RDU to watch the planes land and take off and have a picnic in the warm spring air! Much to our surprise, it was a chilly day with brisk wind. I brought jackets for the boys and I managed to cuddle up in the picnic blanket we had brought. Connor was really impressed. It was so neat to see him take to the airplanes just like Landon did at that age. Landon loved it as usual and we even got a special treat...

We enjoyed our picnic, complete with craisins, cheese, pretzels and peanut butter and jelly...

We finally got some beautiful sunshine, enough to cause us to need to wear hats and eat in the shade...

And...our dear friends, Ursula, Josie and Abigail had the same great idea! What a true blessing to be able to spend the morning with these ladies!

God certainly has a way of surprising us and this is one of his surprises to me this week. Ursula has been such a wonderful friend who has really been so supportive in my trying to figure life out, here recently. She, and all of my friends at playgroup, are simply a Godsend...

Another surprise, Janise and I got to enjoy a morning together this morning with Emelia and Connor at the park. Janise has also just been invaluable in her wisdom, empathy and prayer in supporting me as well. What a truly blessed friendship hers is!! If I ever wonder if God is there, I shouldn't. He surprises me with his goodness daily, and often through the wonderful friends he has given me.

A few more random sweet surprises this week...

Landon made a mustache with his play dough and wanted me to take his picture! He is growing up way too fast!

I got a day away with my two sweet boys at the museum...and they surprised me by both sitting on this bench and smiling for this picture. Seriously, could they be any more precious?

All of a sudden, my two little fellas "puppy-piled" me! They did this spontaneously and could not stop tickling me and giggling. So funny...notice Landon's underwear is on backwards as he is SO adamant that he can totally dress himself!!

When things seem rough and rocky, there are always opportunities to be surprised by good things. I have recently been learning about the true discipline that thanksgiving is. Today, I am thankful for God and the way he uses my boys and my special friends to surprise me...should it really take discipline to recognize such precious gifts?

3 comments:

Janise said...

What a fun blog with sweet memories! You are so sweet and I love you too!!!!! What a fun morning it was! Thanks for the impromptu invite!

Melissa Langdale said...

After my day today, this was such a good reminder to focus on the great things life has to offer. You're an amazing mom and a great example of life in Christ. Love you!

Lucia said...

Sounds like you've had a special week :-) So great to be able to enjoy priceless moments with those sweet boys.