Thursday, March 3, 2011

Random wandering, yet loving thoughts


I love this little face. I love those little teeth. I love the syrup in his hair. I love the giggle that is almost audible even in this photo. I love this life. I love this gift.

Putting into words the way a mother loves is just impossible. I am reflecting tonight on this love and the love that my heavenly father has for me and I am just awestruck that he could love me even more than even a mother could imagine.

I am thankful for that love. Instead of listening to the words of the world crowding in on me, ridiculing me, judging me- for whatever reason they deem necessary, I turn to my heavenly father's arms and let him love me.

I try to find inspiration in the little moments, the quick breaths of fresh air, the precious sayings of my 4 year old. "Daddy, my beard is growing back. I need to shave it again!"

My 4 year old is so impressionable right now. What is he learning from me? Is that little feisty attitude modeled after his mother? Oh, how I yearn for my boys to know the truth that is so rich, the truth that God loves them for who they are.

Lord, let me be a mother who shows the love that I feel and that is showered upon me by you.

No comments: