Wednesday, March 16, 2011
The Days of My Life
Though the title of the post may be inspired by my favorite Soap of all time, I am so very grateful that my life in no way resembles the loves of the characters on that crazy show! I am feeling thankful today for my blessings, who can help it with the beautiful sun shining? I thought I would take you through some highlights of our past couple weeks
Connor really has gotten to be a big boy. I look at him on this slide and cannot believe how much he looks like a little boy, not a little baby anymore. He is talking a mile a minute, loves anything electronic and is following Landon around like a little puppy (sometimes to his detriment!!).
Here Landon is super excited about the worm that I found for him. You know you are a boy mom when you actively seek out worms when planting flowers to save and share with your little fellas. I would say he was thrilled! Our first worm of the summer. :)
He could not get enough of these worms and was perfectly content for at least an hour digging in the surrounding dirt.
Connor managed to get some digging in too! He was not quite as sure about those worms, but he had fun, none-the-less. I am sure that his worm bragging days are coming.
Connor has really enjoyed trying on hats lately. I really could not resist this picture. He is looking so serious, pacifier and all. What a sweet sweet boy he is!
Oh he's sweet alright...and he is also 16 months old and into everything! This picture was one of those..."Oh, NO, don't do that, No, No, well....wait a minute, let's get a picture for your wedding slideshow one day!" I love that I can laugh at these situations and enjoy my precious children for who they are...even if they make big messes. :)
Landon got shots at his 4 year check up! 4 years, it is so hard to believe! He weighed in at 30 pounds (Connor is 27) putting him at the 3rd percentile. My little peanut. He actually gained 4 inches in height from his last check up and jumped from the 3rd in height to the 20th! Go Landon! He got this donut as a prize for getting his shots and hey, he could use the calories!!
Connor also benefited from Landon's shots...though we have no trouble feeding this kid who falls on the exact opposite side of the growth curve!
Stan took some time out of his day on our trip to celebrate Pa Cole's 86th birthday to play ball with Connor. Stan is really just a phenomenal father. What a blessing that he makes a priority to spend time with both boys...he certainly learned from the best.
Anna and Brandon were also there celebrating with us. We just can't get enough of these two. What a blessing they both are! I actually got the opportunity to spend the day with Anna shopping recently and Stan went to the ACC tournament with Brandon. We are so grateful to have the relationships we do with these two!
Nanny got some time outside with the boys as well, flying a Buzz Lightyear kite she got. They were all having a blast! What fun memories.
Nanny and Landon were playing with Nanny's little hand creature. Kay is absolutely taken with our boys and takes every opportunity to be silly and just relate to the boys on their level. I had to take this picture because it is the epitome of my mother-in-law's relationship with Landon. He still calls Nanny, "his best friend". What a true gift.
Nanny always has time for "Connor-man" as well. Connor has gotten to where he will call her by name. Let's just say that her face lights up for sure. We love our Nanny!
Pa Cole and his two great-grandsons. We did the best we could with two tired little boys and the sun in everyone's eyes. I really try my best to capture every visit with have with Pa Cole on camera and share these pictures with my boys. It is hard that they have lost their grandfather. It is also a blessing that they have a great-grandfather who is as wonderful as Pa Cole.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a great post. We sure do love you guys too!
Post a Comment