Stan and I took the boys to see Santa this year- NOT at the mall. That Santa had really started to get on my nerves.This Santa was very authentic. Santa received an email description of each of our boys so that upon entering the room, Santa called them by name. He had a wire feed from Mrs. Claus who was behind the curtain with information about each child. He even knew about our cat, Lilly, and Landon's teacher, Ms. Kim. Landon's eyes just lit up when Santa asked about the race track he gave him last year.
What a great gift the Gillam's give so many children at Christmas (for free might I add). They set up in a church off 86, had cookies and juice and a train set while we waited. I used to work with Deb (Mrs. Claus) when I was a pediatric nurse at UNC. It is so awesome to know the ways people reach out to others and give their time so sweetly to children.
The magic of Christmas and the joy spending it with my children just makes me so very thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment