
The Christmas Season this year has already become a blur. How in the world did I let this happen AGAIN! Well, as I reflect, there are many things keeping me distracted. I am praying that by writing down my thoughts and really processing this time, I can get back to the simple manager with Christ at the center- the true meaning and hope of Christmas.

Janise and I decided to take Landon and Sophia on the Santa train this year at the museum of Life and Science. It was well worth it. We absolutely had a blast. We somehow managed to get this picture of the four of us, which I must say, is a miracle.

Landon and Sophia as they eagerly await to get past the entrance where the mommies had to take pictures to see the Santa Train and Santa!

They stopped to make reindeer food.

Snuggle on the bench...

Pose for a wonderful mommy and son picture...

And finally...Look at this priceless picture of Landon and Sophia listening to Santa. I must say, it was magical.

Cheers! We get to drink hot chocolate like big girls and boys!

Chocolate Mustache.

I just love the shot. I know I already posted it, but here is the color version. Landon and Sophia both got their faces painted for the first time. They both chose Rudolph. This picture very well may come in handy one day...

On to Phase One of the Jones Family Christmas Gatherings!!! This is my cousin Colin. He is loving North Carolina snow! They used to live in Florida and have loved the chance to enjoy snow here in NC. We were so delighted to have our family Christmas with snow this year!

Here Colin is helping Landon make Christmas Tree cookies, an old family tradition that started with my grandmother, Minkie. Small round sugar cookies are rolled in green sprinkles, topped with icing and stacked to make a miniature tree. Them sprinkles are added and if you are lucky, you will get to taste one of the delicious morsels. Colin was so good with Landon. It was a joy to watch.

Of course, photogenic Karen and photogenic Zaiya...

This is my uncle, Ramsey and my mom. They had such a nice time catching up (wearing their Hokie colors, no doubt, the championship game was that night and the Hokies won!! Yay for mom and dad).

Connor opening his Christmas gift. He loved the paper, but the talking truck was an even bigger hit!

Onto Lynchburg we drove. Here are my cousins Emma and Douglas. It was so great to see them and I continue to be amazed at how much they change each time I see them!

My Aunt Vivian with Karen and I. We had a really great time playing Happy Santa. I think Vivian likes the game the best!! She came out this year with a beautiful teapot and tea cups with some nice herbal tea.

Two little party animals.

And...finally, my new role...is that of a referee between these two precious children. Landon is hitting, kicking, screaming at, what have you...at his brother. Connor is into everything that Landon doesn't want him into. Instead of spending quality time together, I feel like I am breaking up fights and keeping the separated or having Landon in time out for acting out...Jimmy, our elf on the shelf, isn't helping as much this year as he did last year. Oh me. I guess I just have to pray for patience, put one foot in front of the other and breathe. This two shall pass...and probably too quickly.
3 comments:
I love these pictures! Landon and Sophia are so cute together!
Friend, it will pass and just wait till you get the enjoyment of having the two boys playing together, freeing you up for a little time to yourself! It will happen! Hang in there! Wish would have had more time together today. Call if you need to! love you so much!
that's a sweet looking gingerbread house!
Post a Comment