Monday, November 1, 2010

So Thankful

I am not trying to jump ahead to Thanksgiving...but in the spirit of the new fall season beginning with Halloween behind us, I wanted to share just how very thankful I am. We had a wonderful Halloween with the boys. Landon was Buzz Lightyear and Connor was Mr. Potato Head. We shared the evening with Derek, Janise, Sophia and Emelia, our dear friends who we celebrated with last year as well. We also had the pleasure of having Nanny join us again- dressed as a cowgirl, no less! Landon just belly laughed when he saw her.

We walked down our street in our annual Halloween parade, put the "Tator" casserole in the oven, grabbed a glass of wine and took our kids for their first trick or treating experience. Janise and I took Landon, Sophia and Emelia to about 10 house with our cameras and video recorders in tow...what an absolute blessing! The kids had a blast and I truly believe that Janise and I had just as much fun. It made me just gush to see my sweet boy old enough to say, "Trick or Treat". He and Sophia held hands and helped each other not be scared.

We made memories. We stopped to smell the roses. Though motherhood is so trying at times, these are the rewards. What a blessing to share motherhood with such dear friends as we watch and marvel at the little lives we have created blossoming before our eyes. I am so thankful.

It would be so nice if kids would look at the camera...alas.

To infinity and beyond!

Too darn cute.

Landon, Connor, Sophia and Emelia all looking at Nanny who was being her sweet silly self. What a crew!

Nanny and Mr. Potato Head.

A family photo- not too bad!

Nanny and Buzz.

I couldn't believe we were able to get this shot! I love my little Connor bug!

We had to bribe Landon to get this one...with more candy. :) Three year olds!

A mommy picture for a change! Janise is such a dear dear friend. I don't know how I would get through this time in my life without her! Those days when I need to hear it most, she is so encouraging and always pointing me to God for strength. I am so very thankful for her friendship! Love you Janise!

Speaking of thankful. This lady is a treasure. I absolutely adore my mother-in-law. I know I am biased but I really believe she is the best mother-in-law in the world. I don't know how I would get through this journey of motherhood without her either. The number of times she has just showed up, given Stan and I a date night, cooked a meal, helped me in a bind, played Santa's elf, got me out of the house, etc...the list goes on...is unparalleled. She is the most self-less person I have ever met, never meets a stranger and her heart just radiates love, esp. to her family. Kay, you don't know how much you mean to me! I love you!

Sophia and Landon really are two peas in a pod. I love watching these two together, though we are learning that adolescence may need to be a time of close supervision! :)

Here Landon and Sophia are checking out their loot. They got plenty of chocolate, enough to get them all sugared up before bed. Who didn't do that on Halloween? Hope you enjoyed!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks like a fulfilling and fun Halloween. It's wonderful to have a friend like Janise and kids who can spend that time together :)

Karen said...

Great pics!!!! Sorry I missed it!!

Janise said...

Okay, you make me cry! I love you too! Thank you for inspiring me to be a better mommy and a better woman of God!!!