
One year ago, Stan, Landon and I welcomed this precious baby boy into our family. Connor came into the world not knowing how much he would bless our lives. It has been an amazing year learning and growing together with this little bundle of joy. My cup runneth over with thanksgiving for the precious gift Connor is to me.

We started the day with some playtime and peek-a-boo with mommy in his room. Connor loves to crawl behind his rocking chair and peek at me around the other side as well as underneath. He thinks it is hilarious! I have to admit, I do to. I love grabbing him up really tight and tickling him as we play.

Connor had a lot of fun opening his first birthday gift from my parents. They couldn't be here the weekend of his birthday so they came the weekend before and gave him a new little rocking chair. I tell you, the tissue paper was the hit! He did love his little rocking chair as well and has been practicing climbing in it since!

We had a big birthday party for Connor and Landon must have thought the party was for him. I think 10 of his friends came, he got to put on tattoos and play in a bounce house. He was quickly asking me when his birthday was following this partay!

Connor got a new airplane from his Nanny. He has already figured out how to push the little button over and over and over again as he dances to the music the little plane plays. Nanny has a way of knowing just what to get these little fellas!


True to form, Connor was NOT into his cake. Anna made the cutest little puppy cake (his head featured here) and was so excited for Connor to just dig in. Connor is my neat child who I am not sure has a sweet tooth...so, we got him to play a little bit by giving him the fork to stab the cake with! So sorry for the anticlimactical cake experience Aunt moo!

It is always fun trying to get a family picture these days...

I think the highlight of Connor's day was opening a card from his friend Ryan. Ryan made this card which had lots of painted colors on the inside. Connor just grinned from ear to ear, kept looking at the card and even tried to taste it! It was so sweet to see him enjoy this homemade gift. It made my heart gush...as you can tell.

Thanks Aunt Moomoo for the delicious cake (that everyone else enjoyed!).

Uncle Marc had a moment at Connor's party. Connor has been a little shy around his uncle Marc. But...on his birthday, he went right up to Uncle Marc and sat on his lap. Marc was smiling so big and asked me to please take his picture- he was one proud uncle!

Connor got to jump in his first bounce house. My friend, Stacey, called just before the party would start and offered to bring her little girl, Baylie's, bounce house. I said, "SURE"! I looked outside as they were blowing it up...to see a huge princess castle! The things a mother of boys does not think about. :) I laughed so hard and welcomed the princess bounce house to my little boy's first birthday party!
As you can see, a fun time was had by all. Connor-bug, we love you. Happy 1st Birthday!
2 comments:
Awe, man! I didn't know adults were allowed in the fun house or I totally would have gotten in!
Love it! So wish I could have been there but glad my girls were able to celebrate with you guys! He is such a big boy! I can't believe it has been a year!!!!
Post a Comment