
Hard to believe we have been back over a week since going to Carolina Beach with Mike, Allison and Caroline. Life sure does get moving these days.
We had a wonderful trip at the beach. It was very healing for me in many ways. As I mentioned in my previous post, the beach is very healing for me, a place where I can sense God's amazing presence much more readily than here in Durham. :)
One of my dear friends reminded me that the beach is not reality. How true! I have been thinking of how very much I long to be able to sit still like I do in front of the ocean and exist in God's presence...more on a daily basis. I think to myself, "It is kinda hard to do that with an almost 1 year old attached to my hip and a 3 year old who needs my constant direction in navigating this life." But...then I realize how very present God is in what I just wrote! My connection with God is so very real in the beautiful faces of my children. God is looking at me, present with me and in my every interaction with these precious gifts he has given to me! Though it is not the same kind of quiet time of reflection as sitting in front of the ocean is, being content and thankful in every moment is a very peaceful thing...especially when it concerns two very healthy, adorable, loving children. My kids need me to be present, peaceful and their "ocean" right now. My kids need to me live in this reality and teach them how to see God in our daily interactions. God- you are amazing, thank you for this insight!

Here Connor is celebrating his first trip to the NC Aquarium. They all had a blast. Caroline and Landon got to choose a souvenier each. Landon got a sea turtle he named "Crush" and Caroline got a Seahorse named, "Hannah Montana." How very boy and girl!!

Connor loved this crocodile! I thought this picture was just hilarious! Connor was a joy to watch as he explored sea creatures he had never seen before. Watching children discover is an absolute marvel. What a gift!

Stan was his usual silly self! The kids loved it of course.

Mike and Caroline stopped for a Daddy/Daughter picture. So sweet!

We had a great time on the beach. I can't believe we managed to get a picture of just Stan and I that is actually decent. We spent time together as a family, Stan went golfing with Mike and I went shopping with Allison. It's so nice being at the beach with friends and being able to get out a little bit and have playmates for the kids. Fun for everyone!

Here Allison and I are- enjoying the beautiful weather. I think it was in the high 80's the whole trip. We sat in chairs in front of the ocean, watched the kids play and were able to catch up. It was food for my soul. What a gift to be able to have four days in a row with my BFF from college!

Connor even got some naptime in...can't think of a better place!

Landon and I had a great time playing in the ocean, splashing and just being together. He is so funny! He has been telling me lately that he loves me all the time. It has been a nice change to screaming, "I don't like you!" :)

Connor had a blast walking around the sand and writing in it with his little fingers. He loved the water and had NO fear! He is saying, "Mamamama" , "dada", "bye-bye", "uh-oh" and I think "kitty". He is so funny too. He loves his mama and is never far away from my hip if I am home! He has recently started to cry when I leave. :(

The best of friends...wonder where they got that idea? :)

Basically, this picture says it all. We had a blast. We can't wait until next year and in the meantime, I hold this picture in my mind, thinking about the peace the ocean brings to me and the peace I can bring to my family through my example of living in contentment and thanksgiving to God.
1 comment:
Lovely! We went to the beach with friends this year as well, and it was SO fun. We also have a "head in the crocodile's mouth" picture! Fun. Glad you were able to get away and enjoy.
Post a Comment