
We had a delightful 4th at Oak Island with Heather, Ryan, Emma and Reid. Yes, the 8 of us shared a 2 bedroom house and it was actually a ton of fun! Of course, Connor got a room to himself and Stan, Landon and I "camped out" in the living room in sleeping bags. We went to the beach, the kids slept on the beach, we went out to eat and actually got to enjoy a lime margarita, we had some alone time after the kids went to bed one night and basically, just had a great time with the best of friends.

This is the best picture we got of the 4 kiddos. Hilarious watching the 4 adults trying to get all four kids to look at the camera.

Heather and I had lots of time to catch up. Boy was that needed. Heather is, simply put, a sister to me. She and I have been through a lot of ups and downs together and our friendship is nothing short of an absolute gift from God at the very perfect time in our lives. Seeing Heather this weekend with her two precious kiddos and wonderful hubby was absolutely food for my soul. Here we are enjoying some lime "mommy juice" as we chased the four kids around the beach. Fun times.

Here Heather and I are after a time of relaxation- Connor is sleeping in my arms (2 hours) and Heather is in the background bouncing Reid to sleep. My how times have changed. :)

Here are our two bruisers. Reid is 10 1/2 months and weighs at least 25 pounds. Connor is 8 1/2 months and about 22 pounds. These boys are going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Now, here are our two eldest children. They fit the bill for eldest children and had a wonderful time together...I am not sure who was "in charge" more... :) Emma and Landon picked up right where they left off from last year. It is really interesting how they connect...it is like they just know how special their mommies are to each other!

Playing on the swing set and having a blast!

Raffie made his usual appearance. Boy this giraffe gets around!

My favorite picture from the trip. Stan and Connor enjoying a stroll down the beach. Many memories were made this weekend. Memories we will take with us forever. One of my other favorites was Heather and Emma and Landon and I watching Fire works. Landon said, "Mommy, I know I like Firecrackers!" We all sat on the sidewalk, watching a local firework show. It was just one of those moments that will forever be etched in my mind. Another memory was me running into a spider web while Ryan was filming Heather and the kids releasing butterflies. I was screaming and screaming and seeing that huge big ole' nasty spider in my hair made me scream some more. Ryan got it all on tape...I am sure he will hold on to that for blackmail! Friends like Heather and Ryan are priceless. We are so very grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment