Monday, July 19, 2010

Cole Family Excerpt

Big news for our little fella. Connor has not only started crawling, but he has started pulling up and cruising! I never imagined my not even 9 month old would be trying to walk! He is waving, clapping and he has gotten his first tooth. Teething has been just miserable for the little guy and I am hoping once he gets used to teething, it will get better. I feel so sorry for him! He absolutely loves to chase Landon around and grab whatever cord he can get his hands on. He is definitely into much more than what Landon was into at this age. Landon didn't crawl until 10.5 months so that makes a big difference! Connor loves to eat, loves to nurse and loves his mommy. He also loves his babysitter, Kim and just lights up when he sees her. He has recently started loving to play peek-a-boo. Kim got the greatest video that will work on getting up so you can hear his contagious giggle. He is napping well now and sleeps through the night regularly. He is a rooster as 6:00 is his normal waking hour, but who can complain when he sleeps all night? :) He is our "Connor-bear" and it is so hard to remember life without this little gem.

Landon is growing! He has recently gained about an inch and at least 2 pounds. He is actually growing out of some of his 2T shirts! It is so exciting to see him growing (esp. since his eating habits still resemble a bird). We have been using 1-2-3 Magic with Landon as our discipline approach of late. Stan has gotten on board and even ordered the audio tapes. I noticed Stan using the technique this evening at dinner and I must say, I was impressed. Landon is doing well with it and I think we have finally found our discipline method that is best for Landon. He hates to be counted and hates time out in his room. Maybe we are getting there. :)

We recently took Landon to his first movie, Toy Story 3. We got popcorn and let him pick a candy and took Nanny with us. Landon was glued to the screen and absolutely loved it. He shared his candy with everyone and was just perfect. I do have to say that there had to be some redirection when he tried to shoot our waiter at the restaurant with his laser "just like Buzz". That boy!
Speaking of Buzz, apparently Buzz woke him last night because "he kicked Landon". Landon has the best imagination. Trying to temper that little mind is a challenge, but what a gift it is to watch him grow and develop. He is starting to write his name too! Crazy!
Landon also made this picture for his Pappa. You can see that the whole family, including Pappa's dog, Wilson is represented. His name is there to the left- very touching that his first time writing it was on Pappa's picture. Stan's dad has been in the hospital for 2 weeks now. Things have been rough. We have had great support from family and friends which is an amazing blessing.

Seeing someone you love so much endure such pain and suffering is not easy. It is also not easy being in the medical field and noting the things that those caring for my father-in-law are not doing. I really try hard not to be critical, but dang...some things are just plain frustrating.

I think we made some real headway today and I felt great about the new attending in charge. Please pray for my father-in-law and for our whole family- esp. my mother-in-law, Kay. We know that LD is in God's hands and we are asking for God to heal our sweet LD and free him from pain. Please pray with us.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Kristen - you are such a sweet and gentle-hearted soul. I'm sending you a great big mommy-hug for the amazing job you are doing with your boys and a great big friend hug to let you know that I'm thinking of you and your family right now. I will definitely keep your father-in-law in my prayers. Hang in there friend. God is with you always.