Monday, March 29, 2010

Fun Times with the Cole Boys

What a wonderful weekend we had! I got to visit with two of my best friends on Saturday. Crystal and I have actually been friends for 20 years in June! It is so hard to believe that I am old enough to have had friendships that are that long lasting! Heather and I have been friends for 14 years - also just hard to believe! We went shopping, sat and had coffee and donuts, ate dinner at the Olive Garden and did more shopping. It was just what I needed.

On Sunday we spent the whole day as a family. We actually played hookie from church, which is not something we ever do. We would NEVER make that a habit, but we needed a day not to rush around everywhere. Connor got to take his full nap, we went to Sam's club and the pet store for Landon to see the fish and were home by 1:00 to eat pizza and settle in for our afternoon naps. Connor didn't sleep so long, so he and I went out and I got a run in with the jogging stroller! Then we played outside when Landon and Stan got up and our neighbors came over. Porter and Landon had a blast playing ball with their daddies!

This week Connor really enjoyed prunes and bananas. He has been such a delight to feed! He just opens his little mouth and eats like a baby bird. He is still nursing like a champ and loves his oatmeal. This picture was taken during breakfast. He was in such a fantastic mood- usually he wakes up cooing and laughing and it continues through his breakfast. He is such a sweetheart!

Connor also loves his toy piano. He looks like a little Mozart sitting and playing the piano. If he ever goes into music, this picture will be priceless.

Connor even put on a concert for his big brother. It even looks like he is instructing Landon. How precious!

Landon got to have some fun this past Friday with his little girlfriend, Sophia and Ryan, two of our friends from playgroup (my sanity savers!). We made Easter cookies- a little crazy with an 21 month old, 2 1/2 year old and a 3 year old!

I let them sprinkle the sprinkles on top. Landon obviously enjoyed that part!

We are having a blast with these boys. Today I took them to the mall play area and Landon, though a little timid at first, really warmed up and loved sliding and crawling under the tunnels. Connor was just as happy as he could be because he got to watch the big kids.

I am constantly in awe of my children. I am also constantly praying for guidance and wisdom to be the best mother that I can be. What a gift!

1 comment:

Janise said...

We had such a good time on Friday! Thanks for the cookie fun! Sophia enjoyed the rest of her cookies! :) Your boys are too cute!