Monday, March 15, 2010

Blogging

This year I decided to give up Facebook for Lent. It was one of those things that I knew was taking a great deal of my time and although I consider it to be harmless and actually enjoyable for us extrovert types, I knew it would certainly be a challenge for me to give up. Notice I said challenge and not sacrifice...that word is very strong for giving up something like facebook.

Anyway, I decided to continue with my BLOG and often wonder if it is just therapeutic for me. I wonder how to back it up so one day my boys can enjoy it. I wonder if anyone even reads it. :) Then I have posts, like, "Rainy Day" and I get several emails from caring friends and family who let me know they are thinking of me and that they enjoy my little space on the web. Then I find out that I do have some readers who enjoy learning about my life that don't necessarily "comment" on the posts. Some are relatives far away, Hi Aunt Karen and Uncle Fred, some are relatives close by- Hi Teresa and Allison, some are friends close by- Hi Ursula, Stacey and some are new friends through friends and family- Hi Jenn! Thanks to all my readers, whether you comment or not and thanks for your sweet encouragement about my BLOG. I really enjoy it and find it very handy to keep up with what goes on in our boys' lives.

So, the update...Connor is really starting to love to watch Landon. His face just lights up when Landon is in the room. Landon can make him laugh like NO other. Landon has nicknamed him, "Baby Keenoch"- not really a nickname I hope sticks, but it is cute none the less. These two are really starting to bond and Landon told me today that he loved his brother again. It is such a blessing to witness.

Here Connor is fixated on Landon, watching and learning. Boy do I hope he is choosy in what he learns!! :)
Here Connor is talking to his Pappa. These two have such a sweet connection. Connor is such a sweetheart and really melts his Pappa's heart. Here Pappa was leaning down talking to Connor and Connor was just giggling and cooing. What a treasured time.
Here is Landon with his Pappa. Landon and his Pappa love to watch Mickey Mouse together, eat animal crackers, eat moon pies and they also used to love giving Wendy and Mack dog cookies. Wendy just died on this day we were visiting (last Wednesday) after Mack had died in October. Sad sad day for Pappa, Nanny and Moomoo, but I think the boys helped brighten their moods!
Here is Landon with his beloved playmate, Nanny. These two have more laughs together than I can count.

One thing is for sure, we have a wonderful family. Aunt Moo and Uncle B often give up Saturdays to keep one or the other of our boys, loving every minute of it and even making cookies - Landon's favorite! Tahti and Uncle Marc always bring a smile to little Landon's face and the Lewis stories of Pop, Moonpie sharing of Pappa, All God's Critters stories from Mommom and the adventures with Nanny sure do brighten our boys' lives.

So, whether you are family or friend, thanks for reading and thanks for sharing in this journey of motherhood for me. I am just plain blessed.

6 comments:

Anna Bowland said...

Just so you know, I love reading your blog and get excited when I see that it's updated!

And by the way, my arms are sore from carrying around Connor on Saturday, haha, he's so big! He's like carrying around a medicine ball, you must have major muscles!

Ursula said...

Considering I'm not on Facebook, I'm tickled that you opted to continue with Captivated! I so enjoy your snapshots of life, precious tidbits about your boys, and thoughtful stories that you graciously share about being a mom and wife. It's such a wonderful blog and will be a special keepsake for your boys years from now.

Susan said...

That is so sweet! I'm hoping to blog more this year as well.

So glad you are able to document your family's adventures. Thank you for sharing them with others!

We just need to get more AUSCAOR family members blogging! : )

Dawn said...

Glad you decided to keep up with your blog. I'm rarely on Facebook and prefer the blogging platform myself. I blog mainly as a diary of the events of my life and as a way of keeping in touch with family and friends since I live so far away from everyone. I love reading your blog and staying connected to you and your family through it. Somehow it helps make the world seem a little bit smaller. Miss you, my friend.

Anonymous said...

During tax season, my blog friends are the only ones I have any contact with so keep the posts coming! I don't always comment but read regularly!

Love and miss you!

Janise said...

Kristen, I love your blogs and listing to your honest joys and struggles with life and parenting! They so encourage and affirm me as a mom! You inspired me to start my own blog though it took a while for me to take that plunge, but I am loving keeping it updated now! Thanks for sharing from your life and heart! Love you!