Well, tomorrow is the day. I head back to work and reality will set in again. I am feeling fine about it...aside from knowing I will miss my one-one time with my sweet baby Connor on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
As I reflect back on the past 12 weeks, it is amazing the things I have learned and the ways I have grown as a person. Experiencing the miracle of life is such a life changing event. It has made me thankful for my loving husband. Though there are times when he is "such a man", he is truly one of the most loving, giving people I have ever known and he is a great dad. It has made me appreciate myself and who God created me to be and the need to nurture that person in order to be the best wife and mom that I can be. It has of course, made me just sit in amazement at the blessing of my two boys. I love being a mom and I love the fact that I have so many friends and loved ones who can support me in this journey.
This past week has actually been a tough one with Landon. We ended up having to basically strip his room naked (no toys, no books, no extra blankets, basically nothing fun) after some very bad behavior. What a difficult day to have to tell my baby that I was angry, and this is what angry looks like, all the while keeping my composure and not yelling.
Stan and I grew from that and are really trying to do our very best to teach him humility and gratefulness. Teaching character traits is a toughie.
Landon and Connor are starting to bond as Connor smiles when Landon walks in the room and Landon giggles...those events make all the long nights totally worthwhile.
Wish me luck, tomorrow will be a long day away from my sweet baby boy.
1 comment:
I hope your first day back went well for you. There are so many parts of motherhood that are heart wrenching, and the first day back to work after maternity leave is one of those days. I hope God provided you with the peace of heart and strength you needed today. Just remember to focus on the bountiful blessings in your life and it will help ease your troubled mind.
Post a Comment