Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday Landon!



Birthday Breakfast!


Birthday Lunch with JD!


3 years ago today at 5:30 am Landon Dow Cole was born. What a special and exciting day it was to bring our firstborn into the world. Landon came out screaming- just what I had prayed for. He was bright eyed and really recognized both Stan and I's voices, looking at each of us at we talked to him for the first time. He loved to be swaddled as tight as we could get him!

Once Landon's colicky days were passed (Whew!), he was such a happy little fella. He loved his dragon and his Raffie. He also loved to read books like Good Night Moon. I had so much fun reading to him and playing with the dragon puppet, making him laugh when I made a "BOO" scary sound.
Landon was a great communicator. He learned signing early on and was really good at asking for "More"- esp. the hush puppies at the beach. He loved walking on the beach around 15 months and I remember picking him up after he had been running and swinging him around, both of us giggling with joy.
Landon was a very fun 1-2 year old. He was into animals, cars and trains. He was also a great walker but didn't really climb too much- I am not complaining. He began speaking words and ordering our cat Lilly around at an early age too. I have since had to monitor my own ordering around of Lilly! Landon and I used to listen to Alison Krauss and dance and dance- what wonderful bonding time for us.
Landon hit 2 years and 3 months and was ready to teach Stan and I a thing or two...BOY, what a BOY and WOW, what energy. Landon began asserting himself and really showing us that he has a strong will- something we have no doubt will serve him well. We have experimented with many forms of discipline, the most effective of which is time in his room by himself. He is now starting to tell us that we need to go to our rooms if we don't do things such as say "excuse me".
Landon was happy to talk about his new baby brother until he got here and initially Landon ordered Baby Connor to "Go back into mommy's tummy!" Since the initial dethroning, Landon's Cars have started to have brothers, Landon affectionately talks about Baby Connor and Landon told me just yesterday that he loved his baby brother. What a big boy!
I cannot believe Landon is 3! He is such a joy and has been so very affectionate of late. He is a great hug giver and spontaneously says he loves Stan and I and that he has fun with us. He is a great talker still and has started expanding his vocabulary to include such words as "actually" which he uses correctly. He has started to notice the difference between boys and girls, causing us to begin teaching about privacy. :) He told both grandmas over the break that they did not have a penis like he did... Yikes! At least he is getting it, but time to reign him in a bit. :)
Happy Birthday to my precious Landon. You make me smile! You melt my heart. You are my joy!



What a BIG boy!!!

1 comment:

Anna Bowland said...

The pictures are so cute! I think I've seen similar ones of Stan and Dad. Tell Landon Aunt Moo says Happy Birthday!