Monday, July 27, 2009

AUCSCAOR 2009

We just got back from Stan's family reunion. If you are wondering what AUCSCAOR means...it is Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Second Cousins, And Other Relatives. It was started in 1977 I believe- or the idea was conceived that year. And the family has been getting together every 3-4 years since then. What an awesome legacy the 8 Mabe sisters, which Stan's grandmother was one of, left. What a faithful group of Christian women who really left a legacy of faith for their family. I feel completely honored to be a part of this family and to know that my children are in the blood line of such a wonderful family of prayer warriors.

Above is a Cole family picture plus Ryan, what a silly nut! Below are a few more fun shots for Landon's first AUCSCAOR, he made Stan and I so proud. He learned a little croquet, bonded with relatives and had a blast with all the kiddos! I also loved the picture of Anna and Brandon.


Landon and his cousin Carrie. He was showing her Buzz Light Year- it was a huge toy that all the two year olds had to "take turns" with! :)

2 comments:

gina said...

lovely, kristen! let me just quote my dad, as he was explaining the history of AUCSCAOR to sam one time: "I invented AUCSCAOR!" nuff said. wasn't it fun? i wish it were longer. i'm exhausted...just woke up from a 3 hr. nap!

Susan said...

Hi Kristin! It's good to find another mabe family blogger! It was great seeing you at AUSCAOR!