Friday, July 10, 2009

Potty Training

Ahhhh the joy of cleaning little pee pee puddles...4 today for our first day with big boy underwear all day long. Landon did really well and I think it started to click by the very end of the day when he asked to go pee pee in the potty twice in a row!! Victory!

I would love to bend the ear of an experienced boy mom- it seems that girls care more about getting wet than little boys...or that is what I have heard. Landon just says, "Uh-oh mommy, pee pee in the floor" and keeps on playing. :)
I do think he wants to please me though- after peeing in the floor the last time of the night, he said, "Mommy happy?" How do you respond to that? I know I am not supposed to discipline and I don't want to be angry... So, I said, "Mommy is not happy, but I am not mad. I would be happy if you would tell me you need to pee pee so I don't have to clean it off the floor." He repeated, "Mommy happy?" This time I said, "Yes".

Following this exchange was when he told me twice in a row that he had to go to the potty.

It is one of those things- a little frustrating, but also a little of a rite of passage...I can't believe I am putting him in big boy underwear. I can't believe he is sleeping in a big boy bed. I can't believe he is talking and understanding things I say to him. I can't believe he is going to a 3 year old birthday party tomorrow. I can't believe he is going to be a big brother. I can't believe he is understanding emotion so sweetly (he comes up so often and randomly to kiss me on the cheek). I can't believe he sat with me for an hour today an colored and did crafts. My little buddy is growing up. It is just so fast. I am so grateful to be able to work part time and enjoy him. Enjoy the following photos from today- a neat craft - egg carton turtles which he LOVED b/c he is obsessed with ocean life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I dread this with Jack. That boy can wear a wet diaper until it practically falls off and never is bothered. I have a feeling wet clothes won't bother him either. I'm sure Landon will get the hang of it soon! Good luck!

Dawn said...

Wish I had some words of wisdom, but I'm a little girl mommy. I thought getting her to poop on the potty was the worst part. Pee pee came easy.

It is so amazing how fast they grow up. We are two lucky women to be able to enjoy work part time and stay with our blessed children the remaining time. God is gracious.

Kristi with a K said...

Way to go girl... 2 in diapers = lots of diaper changes (and diaper laundry at my house!) Thanks for all the comments! We love hearing from home... sigh. We miss it and hope to be back soooooooooooooon!! Love that little belly of yours :)
And for the record - Lily could CARE LESS If her diaper is wet, full, falling off, messy, poopy, or all of the above! I don't think she'll care about potty training!!