Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Thanksgiving "Ham"

Well, Landon sure did enjoy his second Thanksgiving- as evidenced by his silly grin. It seems that he likes ham better than turkey just like his mom, and also likes to be the little "ham" (which I also hear was like me as a child- I know, hard to believe).
Don't be fooled though...our precious baby boy has reached the real deal- the tantrums I have heard and read about and the so-called terrible twos. It is hard to describe him as terrible, so I hesitate to use that word...though if you had asked me while I was carrying him out of Stan's aunt's house in front of the entire family literally kicking and screaming, I may have had a different response.
Landon is also just getting over a battle with pneumonia and respiratory issues that scared ole' mommy. He has been such a trooper through it all but needless to say, we are all sleep deprived. Times like these past two weeks really make me thankful for our health. I also realize how often I take our good health for granted, esp. little Landon. You know- I will take the so called "terrible twos" - In the grand scheme of things, I have a healthy little boy and for that I am very thankful.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Nothing like a little illness to put things into perspective. We are so very blessed to have health, happy children. That is the best gift ever.

Hope that Landon is feeling better soon and that you get some sleep even sooner.

Happy Holidays!